Collection output as [collection] at a certain character length it would seem

I have a form that has a checkbox question, with 6 different options.

In my automation I then feed the responses into Trello as a comment.

This has been working fine so far, but I just noticed when the user selects say 3/4 choices. It then outputs [collection] instead of the list of choices.

Is there another way in which I should be utilising this data? Apologies for my noobness I am new to the software :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance

The collection is just a structure of key value pairs. Use the map() function to extract the necessary pieces or use collection.key.value notation if you want to get a specific part of the collection. The docs have a lot on this and it is crucial to understand to use make effectively.

Thanks for the suggestion Alex.

Sadly I’m struggling mapping the data.

Depending on whether the user checks the Other item, and adds custom content. The item changes from an array to a collection.

Screenshot 2022-05-12 at 16.52.57
Screenshot 2022-05-12 at 16.53.29

Sorry if I’m being a newb this is all new to me compared to Zapier haha.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

It’s all good. We are all learning this powerful tool. So show me what you want to do with some screen shots and we can figure out together.

1 Like

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the quick response.

My goal is to produce a comma-separated list with the values provided by the checkbox list.

As long as the ‘Other’ option isn’t selected, the output is fine. It outputs the array list with comma seperation.

Once the ‘Other’ option is selected, the data becomes a Collection.

The output is always [collection].

Below is a screen recording of what is happening: Dropbox Capture

Here is the link to the form: https://submit.jotform.com/221296881435361

While I tried using the map function to create variables, I was unable to get around the change from collection to array.

I would greatly appreciate any thoughts you might have.

Thanks in advance,
Shane

You should read this document carefully. Usually you need to use get along with map to extract values retrieved form a collection with map.

If you show the output bundle of your form here I can help you with an expression to extract the values. Hopefully there’s a general way to get the values but you may need to route with filters depending on what’s coming in from the form.