Welcome to the Make community!
We are happy that you’re here, ready to help and be helped by your fellow Makers in this amazing journey.
The first thing to know about our community is that this is a safe space and everyone should feel welcome and comfortable around here. That’s why we need to set up a few house rules.
Please be mindful of these, and remember: this is a moderated space, and there are consequences for breaking the rules. Speaking of our moderators, please understand that except for @Michaela who is a Make employee, all the moderators in this forum are volunteering Make experts.
To keep things nice and easy, we suggest you to:
- Don’t be afraid to be you; we love you for you!
- Be transparent and open. Make sure you state your intentions and affiliations clearly when addressing the community.
Be helpful and inclusive
- This is a community of peers, and support for your fellow Makers goes a long way.
- Kindness and empathy are essential.
- Encourage everyone, especially new members, to participate and share their experiences, issues, and questions about Make.
Be respectful and constructive
- Respect is non-negotiable. We can all disagree and still be nice about it.
- Observe everyone’s privacy, including your own.
- There is no space for personal attacks, NSFW content, and profanity in our community.
- Likewise, there’ll be zero tolerance for hateful comments that degrade race, religion, gender, age, or skill level.
- Spamming the community with irrelevant content, surveys, advertising, and other promotional efforts is forbidden.
- If you wish to offer paid consulting or automation services, please do so exclusively in the Marketplace category.
- If you see bad or questionable behavior, please flag the corresponding topic or comment so our mods can review it.
- Try to find the right category for your post and do not cross-post.
- Write your posts in a clear, direct manner.
Don’t be afraid to ask the community for help
- However, make sure you search before you post because the solution might be here already.
- Be patient! This is a community of peers, not a customer support channel.
- Post in English, which is the official language of the community.
- Stay on topic and don’t divert the conversation. If you have something new to add, feel free to start a new topic!
- We believe that both work and life should be playful, so don’t be afraid to have a little fun when you’re here with us.