We’ve already covered a good chunk of the community’s features & functionality in the previous Community Handbook posts. To refresh your memory, we’ve learned how to:
set up a community profile
look up info in the community
start a conversation
reply and react
hide or blur parts of your posts
Today, we’ll take a quick look at creating polls in your post in order to quickly get the community’s opinion.
Click the cogwheel symbol in the text editor and choose the Build Poll option.
A window pops up that helps you build the poll:
- choose if you want to build a single-choice poll or a multiple-choice poll
- add the options you want the users to be choosing from
- define the minimum and maximum number of options a user can mark
- hit ‘Insert Poll’
Clearly phrase the question that goes with the poll in your post and wait for the votes to start coming in.
Every user can vote only once and the author of the poll can close (and reopen) the poll anytime they like. The results of the poll are displayed like this:
Try it out:
Would you rather
- accidentally burn all your operations
- only be able to run your scenarios with the ‘Run Once’ button
- perform manually everything you’ve once automated