Double filters; 7 languages and 4 category tags, how to quickly set up?

A question before I start working out 28 different routes (4 categories X 7 languages)
Is there a way to set up quicker filters instead of manually setting up 28 different routes for these 2 filter categories?

Right now I have the filter with 4 categories set up with ‘Field’ = equal to ‘Category’ > Contact will be tagged that category in Teamleader.

For languages, the data comes through from the forms as full language names, for example ‘Spanish’. These cannot be used for the language field in Teamleader. This field wants the landcode, such as ‘es’ or ‘en’.

I thought about changing the languages in the form itself to those landcodes, so they can be directly put into the language field in Teamleader. Unfortunately this is not so user friendly and I want to avoid this.

Now I can’t think of another method than adding 7 language filters for each of those category filters, which will result in building out 28 routes.

Is there ANY other way to do this quicker. Is there a function that tackles this more easily?

Hey @Bamboologic
I think that using a switch case could be the solution to your situation.
You can get more information about switch here:
https://www.make.com/en/help/functions/general-functions

3 Likes

Hello Vinayak,

Amazing, but I can’t really find more information about how the Switch function works. It says "Evaluates one value (called the expression) against a list of values, and returns the result corresponding to the first matching value. " which for now is still way too cryptic for me. I need a step by step rookie guide to get to know the function and get familiar with it.

Is there a guide? (I will google myself as well)

Hi @Bamboologic
Here is a small demonstration on how switch module works. You can watch the loom below.
Loom: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom - 15 July 2024 | Loom

Regards,
Msquare Automation - Gold Partner of Make

Free Consultation | Live Implementation

Visit us here | Youtube Channel

Hey! Thank you!! I just figured out the Switch module, but I did not know about that Set Variable module. That works fantastic.

Do you think I can put multiple of these modules in a row before ending up at the module ‘Create contact’? Like this:

Set variable [Language] — Switch [Language switcher] — Set variable [Interest] — Switch [Interest switcher] — Create Contact

Hi @Bamboologic
Yes, you can use multiple switch module. If you are getting the language and interest from the form you can directly map those values in to the swich module. We have used the set variable to show a demo on switch module.

Regards,
Msquare Automation - Gold Partner of Make

Free Consultation | Live Implementation

Visit us here | Youtube Channel