Help with function to transform a string of words into a line for each on google sheet

I have been trying for hours to find a mechanism to transform an array of collection, separated by a comma into lines in a google sheet. I can manipulate them in various format but i do not find how i can generate one line for each element in a google sheet

I have not found a training on how to use the google sheet functions, add a row and search rows is about all i can do. if someone knows where to find info on updating elements in a row that would help

Hey can you upload a picture of the array and how do want it to look in google sheet

1 Like

Welcome to the Make community!

1. Screenshots of module fields and filters

Please share screenshots of relevant module fields and filters in question? It would really help other community members to see what you’re looking at.

You can upload images here using the Upload icon in the text editor:
Screenshot_2023-10-07_111039

2. Scenario blueprint

Please export the scenario blueprint file to allow others to view the mappings and settings. At the bottom of the scenario editor, you can click on the three dots to find the Export Blueprint menu item.

Screenshot_2023-08-24_230826
(Note: Exporting your scenario will not include private information or keys to your connections)

Uploading it here will look like this:

blueprint.json (12.3 KB)

3. And most importantly, Output bundles

Please provide the output bundles of the modules by running the scenario, then click the white speech bubble on the top-right of each module, save the bundle contents in your text editor as a bundle.txt file, and upload it here into this discussion thread.
Screenshot_2023-10-06_141025

Providing the output bundles will allow others to replicate what is going on in the scenario even if they do not use the external service.

Following these steps will allow others to assist you here. Thanks!

2 Likes

thanks guys,
I have been going nuts with this as it is not easy to find explanations.
very happy to repord i found the solution>

so the problem was that i collect information on suggestion for names from google form, and the question i asked to make it easy was to input multiple names with a comma to separate them. They are suggestions for company names for a new business.

I then have to take all the answers and I get a collection for each answer
Screenshot 2024-01-01 at 23.24.47

I need to split this collection and enter them each in a separate row on my google sheet
to do this i had to

1. iterate the array of names
  2. agregate the values
  3. Make a long string of all values
  4. split the string at the comma
  5. enter each in a new row in google sheet, using the repeat function and use the variable “i” to place inside the array index
    Screenshot 2024-01-01 at 23.30.20

now, i have each suggested company name and domain name each on a row in the google sheet.

i have a module to check if the domain exist (make an https call on each for 10sec and consider available if no 200 succes.) - maybe there is a module that does this like for validating emails…

now i need to find an API to the registration of business names to automate the search to see if a name is taken in my country. Domain being free is already a good indication though.

that’s it. I feel so dumb not having been able to figure this out quicker but the concept of array/collection etc… is not the easiest to grasp when you are not a programmer.

thanks all for the help,
B

2 Likes

the first part which consisted of sending links to a google survey and watching each time a new survey comes in and record each collection per answer was easy . I just have an automation to check twice a day which will run till we have enough choice to pick something good.
this second part was the hard to figure out bit…

No problem; glad I could help!

Hello @bernard :wave:,

Just wanted to jump in and congratulate you on solving this one with the assistance from @samliew and @ThakurHemansh. I’m glad to see that you got the ball rolling. :+1:

Thank you very much for getting back to us and sharing your solution with us. We honestly appreciate that you kept us in mind and marked the problem as solved so other users can easily find it while having similar issues. :blush:

1 Like