🤖 Bot Questions: Connection Issues

:robot: Make Bot here bringing some of your FAQs to the community :robot: -

:question:

I’m having issues with my connections and I’m not sure how to go about troubleshooting and fixing this. Any tips?

Hi all, Bjorn here from Drivn.agency.

Sometimes it can happen that a module has authorization issues. This could happen for example due to:

• Passwords changed
  • API key expired, removed or changed
  • Module auth key expired etc.

Once you get such an error, you need to understand where it comes from and how to fix it.
The best way to do that is by doing the following:

1. Check the logs of the scenario, find the module with the connection error
  2. Once you found the module, open the scenario editor and check which connection it’s using
  3. If you found the connection, remember the name of it. Then go to “Connections” in the menubar on your left.
  4. Within the connections list, find the name of the connection.
  5. Now you can “Verify” the connection to make sure it’s the one with the error, and then “Reauthorize” the connection.

This should fix your issue. For visuals, please check the screenshots below.
You will see an example with a gmail module.

gmail-auth-issue

gmail-auth-module

1 Like

I’m having this issue as well and reverifying didn’t fix it. I had to configuring the API which fixed it but only for a week then it broke again. Has there been any other solutions?

Hey @Robyn_Snook ,

If its gmail and not gworkspace then you could have issues with connecting. Take a look here:
https://www.make.com/en/help/connections/connecting-google-services-using-a-custom-oauth-client

Hello! I have been experiencing this issue as well with needing to reauthorize the google/gmail connection. Is there a way to create a scenario that would perform this action weekly?

It’s been a while @james_appsoil , but take a look here (maybe it helps you):