🤖 Trigger scenario run from another scenario

:robot: Make Bot here bringing solutions to some of your FAQs :robot:

:question:

I have a scenario that needs to run after another scenario ran successfully.

Is there a way to trigger a scenario run from another scenario?

:reply:

That is definitely possible! Let’s take a look at how to go about accomplishing it :brain:

To make things easier for us, let’s start from the end, i.e. from the second scenario that you’ll want to trigger after the first scenario successfully ran.

First of all, you’ll need to create a webhook. That will be the starting module of the scenario that you want to trigger. In order to set everything up, use the “Copy address to clipboard” button.

Secondly, put an HTTP module “Make a request” at the end of the first scenario and paste the URL of the Webhook to the “URL” field:

And that’s it! :magic_wand:

Now, every time your scenario gets to the HTTP module, the module will send an HTTP request and trigger the custom webhook at the start of the second scenario :nerd_face:

Helpful Links:
:make: Webhook guide

7 Likes

This is filled with awesome, love it :clap:

3 Likes

Don’t you think it is much simpler and clear to have a run scenario API in the Make module instead of defining a new webhook and then calling it?
I could not find Run scenario module, but there is a run scenario permission when I want to create an access tocken!

Look at this question and its answer: Why the Make app does not have `Run a Scenario` module?

2 Likes