Make / Twitter authorization is down

There are 401 errors when Make tries to authorize Twitter connections since 15:00 GMT today.

We’ve tested the same Twitter accounts using Twitter API, Buffer, Zapier and PA and we’re not seeing any issues with Twitter or the API connections.

However, it appears Twitter is blocking the Make platform with 401 on any Twitter account connection (including brand-new accounts) that we try.

Clearly, this is a serious issue. Make.com - please advise.

12 Likes

Same issue here.

If someone from Make.com has an answer about that?

4 Likes

Same here. 401 errors for all my Twitter scenarios and accounts

2 Likes

Same issue for me. Error 401

3 Likes

Here too. 401 and can’t verify or reauthorize.

3 Likes

pls help, the standard connection is not available anymore - I have access to the free twitter api.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

in the past hours we have been investigating why our Twitter app is down. For some reason, Twitter suspended our app but didn’t share any additional details that would help us understand why they did so.

We have reached out to Twitter and are awaiting response. In the meanwhile we continue our investigation.

You can see the current status of this issue on our status page.

7 Likes

Is there any progress or a very rough ETA on this? Just wondering if I need to communicate this issue internally and make alternative arrangements for manual posting.

2 Likes

Hopefully it gets resolved soon! We use Twitter a lot.

3 Likes

Same here. 401 errors for all my Twitter scenarios and accounts

Please solve it as soon as possible. Thank you

2 Likes

Same here :slight_smile:

{
"message": "The request failed due to failure of a previous request.",
"code": "SC424",
"suberrors": [
{
"message": "Status Code Error: 401",
"name": "RuntimeError"
}
],
"debug": [
[
"undefined:",
"response",
{
"body": {
"{\"errors\":[{\"code\":32,\"message\":\"Could not authenticate you.\"}]}": ""
},
"headers": {
"date": "Tue, 04 Apr 2023 06:25:55 GMT",
"perf": "7626143928",
"pragma": "no-cache",
"server": "tsa_f",
"status": "401 Unauthorized",
"expires": "Tue, 31 Mar 1981 05:00:00 GMT",
"set-cookie": [
"guest_id=v1%3A1680589xxxxxx; Max-Age=34214400; Expires=Sat, 04 May 2024 06:25:55 GMT; Path=/; Domain=.twitter.com; Secure; SameSite=None"
],
"content-type": "application/json; charset=utf-8",
"cache-control": "no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate, pre-check=0, post-check=0",
"last-modified": "Tue, 04 Apr 2023 06:25:55 GMT",
"x-transaction": "a110ef91886bf79b",
"content-length": "64",
"x-frame-options": "SAMEORIGIN",
"www-authenticate": "OAuth realm=\"https://api.twitter.com\", api_error_code=32",
"x-transaction-id": "a110ef91xxxxxx",
"x-xss-protection": "0",
"content-disposition": "attachment; filename=json.json",
"x-content-type-options": "nosniff",
"x-twitter-response-tags": "BouncerCompliant",
"strict-transport-security": "max-age=631138519",
"x-response-time": "103",
"x-connection-hash": "df3237b0c0fece8ed61b41e4dbxxxxxx",
"connection": "close"
}
}
]
]
}
3 Likes

Is there any update on this, please?

1 Like

Hi all, allow me to share some update regarding our suspended Twitter app.

After multiple attempts we didn’t receive any additional details from Twitter and are still waiting to learn more about the reasons why they suspended our app.

At the same time, we are working on a new Twitter app version as we speak. I will share additional details as soon as there will be any.

Unfortunatelly, we couldn’t find any short-term solution and unless Twitter will reach out back to us we fear we wouldn’t be able to resolve the issue in the current Twitter app version.

3 Likes

also got issues. hope this resolves soon

1 Like

As someone pointed out on Twitter earlier: https://twitter.com/psych_marketer/status/1643064029701632008?s=46&t=ne81pvTPfmUkVOzzEZJiNQ

If the Make Twitter app uses v1.1 of the API, Twitter deprecated this version on March 13th ( the 1.1 version has been labelled legacy since summer 2022) then it will have stopped working like all the other 1.1 apps (search Twitter) and Twitter likely won’t respond.

From your replies it sounds like you are working on a API v2.0 app?

But that will need submitting to Twitter for approval. That could take weeks. And it could have been avoided since the v1.1 deprecated was previously announced?

Also, if this is the case, are you also saying all Twitter scenarios will need to be rebuilt to use your v2 app? I think it’s only fair that you should be upfront with paying customers about this?

Honesty = loyalty.

10 Likes

If you’re right, that’d be a big black mark…

4 Likes

This.
I literally pay for this service just for the Twitter connections

5 Likes

Same here more than a dozen scenarios are down and not a word from support. I hope we will get some of our Operations back as this is quite unacceptable for a paid service tbh

4 Likes

Hi there,

is it possible to share the source where it is clearly described that “Twitter deprecated this version on March 13th ( the 1.1 version has been labelled legacy since summer 2022)” and “the v1.1 deprecated was previously announced” ?

Our app is using Twitter API v1.1 and the API documentation doesn’t really mention anything about deprecation. For example, our Create a Tweet module is using following endpoint (POST statuses/update | Docs | Twitter Developer Platform)

And yes, we are currently working on a new Twitter app that will use Twitter API v2.0. We are trying to make the app to offer as seamless transition from old to new version as possible, but there are differences between API v1.1 and API v2.0 that will require users to update their scenarios and address the differences.

We still await any details from Twitter to understand why they suspended our Twitter app.

2 Likes

Twitter API team have been sending emails about the 1.1 deprecation since the start of 2022 (I’m also signed up as a developer for my own apps and updated my apps to v2 in January).

If you missed the emails, there’s also this from October 2022:

which specifically advises migrating to v2

and this more recently:

and this:

There are more if you search the Developer Forum. Topics tagged deprecation

1 Like