404 Error When Trying to Update a Knack Record via Make.com

Goal:

I’m trying to use Make.com to update a specific field in a Knack database record via a PUT request. My goal is to change the value of field_4 to “Interested but Needs More Information” for a particular record with ID 65191e485f6cdf0e0f5ec323.

Steps Tried:

1. I’ve constructed the URL in the format https://api.knack.com/v1/objects/object_1/records/65191e485f6cdf0e0f5ec323, which according to Knack’s documentation should be correct for an object-based API call.
  2. I’ve set the Content-Type to application/json in the headers. Make.com states that it automatically includes the Knack X-Knack-Application-Id and X-Knack-REST-API-KEY in the headers.
  3. I’ve tried the same PUT request using Google Apps Script, and it worked, confirming that the App ID and API Key are correct and that the Knack database is accessible.
  4. Checked the record ID and object_1 to ensure they exist in the Knack database.
  5. Checked Make.com’s logs but didn’t find any clues as to what might be causing the issue.

Has anyone faced a similar issue or can offer any insights? I’ve double-checked IDs, headers, and method types but continue to receive a 404 error.

Hi please remove this part of url as that part is covered by make API module you dont have to pass in the URL ,

thank you

2 Likes

facepalm

Thank you!

1 Like