Are Sharepoint lists being returned limited to 500 Records?

I have a list, with 1000 plus records. I want to be able to update the list items but not all results are returned. Is this because Make.Com limits the results returned, and is there any work around?

Thankyou

Hi @MPLC,

You didn’t say exactly which module you were using.
If it’s the Microsoft SharePoint Online List Items module, then the limit is likely 500.

The underlying API call for this module is
GET /sites/{site-id}/lists/{list-id}/items?expand=fields&$top=500

The workaround would probably be to use the Make an API Call module instead.
You can get your list items using the syntax documented here.

Basically just run it without the $top=500, so:
GET /sites/{site-id}/lists/{list-id}/items?expand=fields

site-id and list-id you should be able to retrieve from other SharePoint modules.

SharePoint probably still has some limits here, I just don’t know what those are and couldn’t quickly find a reference to them.

3 Likes

That’s perfect thanks very much for the quick and detailed reply. I was attempting to use Update an Item from Sharepoint Online Module.

Hey,

So I implemented your method, unfortunately, the results were still the same (Not getting the latest items from the list.)

Do you have any Ideas why that could be? When I go to the sharepoint list it has the items in there but are not being returned from Make.

Thanks

Sorry I don’t have a SharePoint list that large to test with.
How many items total do you have?
How many is the module returning?

3 Likes

I was able to return the results by adding &$top=2000 to the first make an API call. This will do a get so I have a list of all the items in the list.

I will then construct a string to get the ID from the Sharepoint list, and add that string into the next API call which will be a patch request. (How ‘Update an Item’ works, but now with a larger data set)

Could you help with any tips/advice on how to format the body? I had thought to set it to JSON and enter the following, would work for updating the fields with the ID specified in the URL. |
{
}

But to no avail and I am just not sure how to construct the body.

Thanks for the help.

I figure this out. Here is the Microsoft documentation if it may help any one else viewing in the future. My request was not placed in quotes.

1 Like

Hi @MPLC :blob_wave:

Great to hear that you managed to figure this out :muscle:

Thank you very much for sharing the resource that helped you resolve this with the rest of the community. This could be super helpful to many others :pray:

FYI: I marked your last comment as a solution to keep the community organized and easy to look for answers.

1 Like