Calendar/Slack App: Warning Icon next to Button Link

I have a Calendar/Slack app to post new calendar events. There’s a button that links to the calendar event but I notice there’s a warning icon next to it even though it links properly to the page. I’m worried this might confuse our users. Any resolutions for this?

Include screenshots

Image 002

{	
"blocks": [		
{			
"type": "header",			
"text": {				
"type": "plain_text",				
"text": "New Calendar Event Added:",				
"emoji": true			
}		
},		
{			
"type": "section",			
"type": "mrkdwn",				
"text": " <{{1.htmlLink}}| {{1.summary}}>"			
}		
},		
{			
"type": "section",			
"type": "mrkdwn",				
"text": "*Start Time:* {{formatDate(1.start; "MMM DD, YYYY hh:mm A")}} \n *End Time:* {{formatDate(1.end; "MMM DD, YYYY hh:mm A")}}\n *Location:* {{1.location}}"	
}		
},		
{			
"type": "actions",			
"elements": [				
{					
"type": "button",					
"type": "plain_text",						
"text": "Open Calendar Event",						
"emoji": true					
},					
"value": "click_me_123",					
"url": "{{1.htmlLink}}",					
"action_id": "actionId-0"				
}			
]		
},		
{
"type": "divider"
}		
]
}

Welcome to the Make community!

@plabbett on this Slack API Github issue thread from Aug 2020 says:

I was able to sort of work around this by turning on interactivity and setting the URL to a webhook that returns an empty JSON array and HTTP 200 status code for any request/method sent to it.

@shaydewael says:

Apologies that this is the current (and frustrating) behavior—I agree it’s unintuitive and limits the contexts in which URL buttons can be used without causing end-user confusion.
Unfortunately they’ve told me that it (warning icon issue) isn’t likely to be worked on in the near future

In summary, it is a Slack bug but won’t be fixed, but there is a workaround to remove the warning icon by using a Custom Webhook Response.

1 Like

Any useful guide on how to add a webhook response to a Make app? The Github thread work around looked like it was from people developing their custom Slack App. Thanks for the response.