Choose a value randomly

Hello,
I have a cell that contains multiple values (cities).
I want to display only ONE city in the e-mail that is sent to the client.
How can I choose randomly one and only one value (city) et sent it up in my MAKE scenario?
Thank you,
Elodie

Hey @DELNEUF_ELODIE ,

Please take a look at this documentation: Math Variables Help Docs | Integromat Help Center

You can randomize value selection using the Math operators.

Hope this helps!

Hello,

I tried using the random function,
random({value})

But the scenario is still in error

As I am not trying to get a random number, but a random city name from a list of cities, I am not sure how to use the random function. With the * ?

@DELNEUF_ELODIE The example I posted was in a generic use-case. For your use case, you will either have to append the cities to some sort of serial number and then use the serial number to randomize the output of a city name.

You can do this using the ‘Data Store’ option in Make, but I am sure there are other ways to do it as well.

1 Like

@DELNEUF_ELODIE

Since you cities are in an array, this should do the trick:
{{get(shuffle(9.:round_pushpin:COMMUNE_CABINET); 1)}}

Jim - The Monday Man (YouTube Channel)
What is Make & How can it help you?
We Create Custom Solutions
Schedule a 1-on-1 Tutorial Session (for monday, Make & The Flux Capacitor)

2 Likes

Hello Jim,
I tried this formula but it does not work.
I guess this is because the cities are not in an array format, they are in this format (screenshot) :

@DELNEUF_ELODIE

Can you show the output from module 9? (click the (1) above the module after run).

here it is, indeed it is an array:

@DELNEUF_ELODIE

I missed your reply… If you @mention people when replying (as I did) they will get notified.

If you are still having issues with this, can you give more details on the problem?

Jim - The Monday Man (YouTube Channel) Our latest vid: Reading REALLY Large monday Boards
What is Make & How can it help you with monday?
We Create Custom Solutions
Schedule a 1-on-1 Tutorial Session (for monday, Make or “1984”)

1 Like