Combine output from different operations into one line or list

In a nutshell, Im trying to get the outputs coming out of my SQL query combined so I can send them out in an email for example.

I tried the array aggregator and the iterator but those dont seem to be what I need.

You’ll notice that 2 of the operations did not have any output so obviously to combine the data that is there is what I need.

I thought this is maybe what I needed

Tried this

but all I get is DataError

Failed to map '0.value': Function 'map' finished with error! '100004667' is not a valid array.

Any help here would be appreciated.

Welcome to the Make community!

Every result (item/record) from a search module will output a bundle. To “combine” them into a single structure, you’ll need to use an aggregator of some sort.

Aggregators are modules that accumulate multiple bundles into one single bundle. An example of a commonly-used aggregator module is the Array aggregator module.

In your case, since you want them in a single text variable, you can use a “Text aggregator”.

Output

4 Likes

Thank you, loving this software and wish I would have found it sooner. Throughout the years I’d always hear about Make/Zapier but never really played with them. Now that I have a couple weeks under my belt, my goodness. You can automate your entire personal and business life with this thing… but you all know that already =)

Unfortunately the module you suggested didnt seem to work, perhaps I didnt set it up correctly.

Here is the current scenario.

Here is the output from the MySql

And here is the settings for the “text aggregator”.

Along with its output

The User ID variable Im choosing in the text aggregator is that of the one under mysql.

Thank you again and any ideas would be appreciated.

You might have to set the Source module as your Trigger module.

4 Likes

Thank you and that worked!

I guess the logic here is that the text aggregator is looking for the “source” of the data, which is the airtable module and not the mysql module (even though the mysql module outputs just the user ID, which is probably where I got confused).

OK thanks again.

3 Likes

No problem, glad I could help!

If you want to learn more about Make, you can read up in the Help Center. I also recommend doing the tutorials in the Make Academy, and learn advanced skills like how to make custom apps to any API in the Make Partner Training Portal - both have certificates for successful completion.

2 Likes

Hi @samliew, I am facing the same issue I use a “text aggregator" to combine 2 operations data but I don’t know where I am wrong.

I need this field from both operations as comma separated and past them to airtable.
here is “text aggregator" settings

and the result I am getting.

but I need results like this

@samliew Thanks.

@M_Danish Welcome to the Make community!

That looks like a new question, could you please create a separate topic for this?

While it’s tempting to hop onto an existing thread, a more effective approach would be to start a new topic just for your question. Why? It helps community experts find and respond to your query quicker, and keeps our space organised for everyone. If you start a new conversation you are also more likely to get help from other users. Thank you for understanding and keeping our community neat and tidy.

Let’s click that “New Topic” link in the top-right of the header and submit your question there!

Screenshot_2023-12-19_091207

1 Like

Hi @M_Danish

Please select the source module as having one operation to aggregate your results in one operation.

If you require additional assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
MSquare Support
Visit us here
Youtube Channel

1 Like