ConnectionError ENOTFOUND: Service is temporarily unavailable. Ilovepdf

I have been trying to integrate Ilovepdf into Make for the last week. I aim to remove the lock some PDF files come with, which are stored on Google Drive. Ilovepdf’s process consists of making four calls: auth, start, upload, and process. I could complete them on Insomnia (an alternative to Postman), but it could be more stable, as occasionally, the servers fail and return a 400 or 200 error message.

However, when I try it on Make, the fourth step (process) always fails. I have yet to find examples of doing it directly through API calls. Everything I have found is about using code for the languages they offer libraries. Using the trial-and-error method, I could complete what I have explained. However, I wonder why the fourth step always responds with an error. If I use the generic base URL (https://api.ilovepdf.com), I get this:

If I remove the base URL and leave just the relative path (/v1/process), I get this:

On the other hand, when I use the URL received from the start step (https://api50.ilovepdf.com, for example -the index changes dynamically every time a start call is made), I get this:

I have tried removing the “https:” part from the URL using the basic URL (api.ilovepdf.com) and putting it back, with the specific server index (api50, api70, etc) and it doesn’t work on Make ever. On Insomnia, it works well, and I can download the result file after that.

I’d appreciate it if, anyone, has tested/implemented integrating Ilovepdf with Make flows.

NOTE: I tried other PDF solutions which integrate with Make, but none can unlock PDF files as I need them.

Welcome to the Make community!

It look like your URL might be incorrect.

Please provide a screenshot of the module field mappings.

If you need further assistance, please provide the following:

1. Screenshots of module fields and filters

Please share screenshots of relevant module fields and filters in question? It would really help other community members to see what you’re looking at.

You can upload images here using the Upload icon in the text editor:
Screenshot_2023-10-07_111039

2. Scenario blueprint

Please export the scenario blueprint file to allow others to view the mappings and settings. At the bottom of the scenario editor, you can click on the three dots to find the Export Blueprint menu item.

Screenshot_2023-08-24_230826
(Note: Exporting your scenario will not include private information or keys to your connections)

Uploading it here will look like this:

blueprint.json (12.3 KB)

3. And most importantly, Input/Output bundles

Please provide the input and output bundles of the modules by running the scenario (or get from the scenario History tab), then click the white speech bubble on the top-right of each module and select “Download input/output bundles”.
Screenshot_2023-10-06_141025

A.

Save each bundle contents in your text editor as a bundle.txt file, and upload it here into this discussion thread.

Uploading them here will look like this:

module-1-input-bundle.txt (12.3 KB)
module-1-output-bundle.txt (12.3 KB)

B.

If you are unable to upload files on this forum, alternatively you can paste the formatted bundles in this manner:

• Either add three backticks ``` before and after the code, like this:

```
    input/output bundle content goes here
    ```

• Or use the format code button in the editor:
    Screenshot_2023-10-02_191027

Providing the input/output bundles will allow others to replicate what is going on in the scenario even if they do not use the external service.

Following these steps will allow others to assist you here. Thanks!

2 Likes

G’day mate, how’s everything going down there? I live in Brisbane, btw. On holidays right now in Colombia.

Thanks for your interest. I have done what you requested. I hope I can receive help to complete my flow :crossed_fingers:t4:

Complete flow:

Blueprint
blueprint.json (17.5 KB)

Module 1 - auth

Bundles Module 1:
module-1-input-bundle.json (342 Bytes)
module-1-output-bundle.json (972 Bytes)

Module 2 - start (unlock)

Bundles Module 2:
module-2-input-bundle.json (594 Bytes)
module-2-output-bundle.json (1011 Bytes)

Module 3 - upload

Bundles Module 3:
module-3-input-bundle.json (898 Bytes)
bundle7.json (12 Bytes)

Module 4 - process (unlock)
module-4-body.json (198 Bytes)

Body Module 4:

I greatly appreciate your help!

I don’t think you need to send the authorization in the JSON, that is handled by the connection (module [9]).

What is “Start Unlock” trying to do? It doesn’t seem it has anything to do with the PDF you are trying to modify.

What is the link to the documentation for the endpoint you are calling?

3 Likes

Hey Sam,

Here you are the API documentation

From the left menu you’ll see

Screenshot 2024-03-20 at 3.01.56 pm

Thanks for your time :ok_hand:t4:

Hi Sam,

Have you had the chance to have a look at what I sent you? :slight_smile: