Consolidating a Scenario without using Routers

Hello,

I have a current scenario that watches emails from a CRM and then uses routers to decide what to do. In the end it creates clickup tasks for each of our real estate properties depending on the CRM email. The problem is that it uses a lot of operations constantly watching emails and it has a lot of end points that all do the same thing. The first issue is now solved with a mailhook to make this instant.

The 2nd step would be setting some type of variable or doing some parsing on the original email to decide what the end clickup task will be without going through so many routers. This is where I am lost. We currently have 8 different “New Rental” email tasks being created and the only difference on each is a custom clickup data field for the specific property. I feel like this could be consolidated with parsing or variables in some way which would also make editing way easier in the future.

Current setup

Example email from our CRM. We use the ending of the email to know what property it is, and certain keywords like “rented” in the subject to know it is a new rental. Currently the routers are just looking for these words to send different ways.

1 Like

This seems like a complex scenario you’re trying to make, perhaps exporting the blueprint might help others investigate further and answer your question.

At the bottom of the scenario editor, you can click on the three dots to find the Export Blueprint menu item.

Screenshot_2023-08-24_230826

Uploading it here will look like this:

blueprint.json (119.3 KB)

3 Likes

To simplify your scenario and improve its modularity, I recommend splitting it into multiple scenarios and utilizing webhooks to invoke different parts. By following this approach, you can create separate scenarios that focus on specific subprocesses rather than having a single large scenario.

Breaking down your scenario into smaller, more manageable parts allows for easier maintenance and troubleshooting. It also facilitates reusability as the individual scenarios can be utilized and modified independently as needed.

To establish communication between these scenarios, leveraging webhooks is a useful technique. Webhooks enable the triggering of specific processes or actions in one scenario based on events or data received from another scenario. This ensures a seamless flow of information and coordination between the different subprocesses.

Adopting this rule of having scenarios related to subprocesses not only simplifies your work but also enhances clarity and organization. It promotes scalability and flexibility, enabling you to efficiently adapt and modify individual parts of the process when necessary.

5 Likes