Creating a Scenario to link Toggl times to Google Sheets

I hope someone can help me.

I am a complete noob when it comes to this sort of thing. What I am trying to do is link Toggl to Google Sheets, with the aim of automatically populating the Google Sheets file with Toggl data. The data required is live running times of different projects to show how long they have been running for.

I have successfully linked the Google Sheet and Toggl to my account, however, I don’t know what the best template would be or the best method for getting the live data to actually populate the spreadsheet. Even if I could just been pointed in a “general” direction, that would be most helpful!

Hey @Badgerboy101,

Great to see your question here in the community! :slight_smile:

I just wanted to clarify that this is a community of Make users helping out and sharing knowledge. This means we don’t have access to any of your scenarios, organizations etc.
It’s therefore always best to share some screenshots so that the community can see what’s going on in your scenarios visually.

Detailed information could be provided for example by an:

1. overview of your scenario setup (functions, mappings, variables etc.)
  2. the input area of the module you are having trouble with
  3. the output area of the module you are getting data from

Thank you!

In case you think this is not needed, please disregard this message. I have send this message by automation since you don’t have any attachments.

1 Like

Apologies. Told you I’m not so good with this! :sweat_smile: Here’s a screenshot of the scenario.

And here’s a screenshot of the spreadsheet I am wanting to populate (the yellow highlight columns are the ones I want to auto-populate:

Hello, do you need to populate / update the same row on your sheet for each project timed OR do you need to add a single row for each time the workflow is triggered ?

Helloo. It’s the same row that I am looking to update. Essentially, each row will be for a different project, with the columns showing the different tracking figures showing live updates.

Ok so, you’ll have to add a module that will search for the row where is your project, it can be the name, an ID, anything to get just one result,

Then, you’ll have 2 paths :

• If the row doesn’t exist → Add a row
  • if the row exist-> Update the row finded in the step “search row”

And i don’t think you need to use “text aggregator” for this workflow because toggl will give you a different bundle for different tracking, in other work you’ll always create one row for one output toggl,

tell me if it worked

1 Like

Ah okay, that does make sense, but I am still unsure as to exactly which tools I would need.

Would you happen to have a screenshot of an example (or similar example) to this type of scenario?

In fact, I have actually managed to get it sorted, so thank you for your help!