Do I need to create a filter per route?

Hello,

I have been testing out my filters for almost the full day, I cannot get a grasp of what is going on.

This is my automation:

I added filters to check “what day it is” by using the filter “i numeric operators: equals to 3”. If so, day 3 will run. The repeater is set to repeat until maxDays is reached.

What I expect is this, when maxDays = 4 it should stop after the last module in the day 4 branch.

What I got is this, maxDays = 4, the iterator of day 5 and 6 is not activated, but everything after is activated. I thought the filter should stop the process of going both paths.

Do I need to add a filter for each route or is there another way I should do this?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the Make community!

Please share screenshots of the filters in question? It would really help other community members to see what you’re looking at.

Please export the scenario blueprint file to allow others to replicate the issue. At the bottom of the scenario editor, you can click on the three dots to find the Export Blueprint menu item.

Screenshot_2023-08-24_230826

Uploading it here will look like this:

blueprint.json (12.3 KB)

Following these steps will allow others to assist you here. Thanks!

2 Likes

Here is the blueprint

blueprint.json (144.3 KB)

Hi the filters are working fine , but as you can see that you have use the text
aggerating on json module , so it is not aggerating anything but it is continuing anyway but as it finish its iteration so you should put a filter after all of these too ,

4 Likes

Thank you for the reply!

When I want to create a filter, there is no way that I can select the i again.

Any idea how I can do this?

you have to put the filter on text , i will not be access able

2 Likes

OK please apply this filter thats the same logic , it will only goto this side if its for 6 day or not ,

thats for 5 dayrouter you can apply the rest to all ,

thank you

2 Likes

Okay, and what do I put in the textbox after the statement? Can I just put 1?

I am not that familiar with the tool and text aggregator. And want to understand why this is the case.

Check my last message , let me know if you face any issue , thank you

3 Likes

It worked! Thank you. What is the reason I need to have a filter outside the gray area?

1 Like

Awesome it worked , the reason is aggregator , although it doesnot pass the filter but its complete its router after word its like a groups .

2 Likes