Dropbox Search Folder not working

Hi there,

in my scenario, I want to send a file from a database to MAKE in order to upload that file in a specific folder of my Dropbox (DROPBOX SEACH FILE/FOLDER module). However, the search folder module does not find the folder although the folder name is fully correct.

The dropbox module is set up like that:

and the result is an empty output:
grafik

Does anybody have an idea?

Regards, Fabian

Howdy @Fabian
Welcome to the :make: Community!

First can you confirm in the dropbox UI that the folder and file exist?

In the situation that they dont exist (click to view)

Depending on how you retrieve the file, you might need to use this module after the call to get the file from the database.
and input the contents of that to dropbox.

:information_source: Most Data storage integrations on make dont accept a url as the actual file, you have to link the file contents specifically

Also Can you share a top level view of your entire scenario here?

Sure! This is the top level view of the scenario (the module is not working on both routes):

Here you can see that the folder exists:
grafik

The file to upload exists too, but it doesn’t matter since we do not get to that module.

And below you can see where “1. myFolder” comes from (but I can also type the folder name in the “Search” field manually and it does not work).
grafik

ANSWER FROM THE MAKE.COM SENIOR TEAM (great support, as always):

This is XXXXX, one of XXXX’s colleagues from our senior team. I hope you’re doing well!

These modules (both Google Drive’s and Dropbox’s) will not search folders recursively. They will just search for folders and files that are direct children of the folder specified in the Folder field:

​

If you want to recursively search through folders, you need to implement recursion manually, which you can do with a repeater module or with an HTTP module that triggers the webhook of the same scenario:

​

The Set variable modules in this case stand in place of the modules you’d have for file processing.

You’d pass the child folder names via HTTP request to the webhook so you could then run the Drive/Dropbox module again with the new values.

It makes sense when you get the idea, but it’s not a very straightforward implementation, so you can reach out to one of our partners if you need some more hands-on assistance to implement the exact scenario(s).

​

I hope this points you in the right direction, but I’ll be here if you have further questions.

Have a great day! :blush:

1 Like