Email are sent Twice in the same moment

Hello, please i made automation, and it works for few days, but after that suddenly, it stop worked well. Its started to send email, like 2 times in the same time. Please help me.

Heya @Martin_Hyl welcome to the community :wave:

In order for the community to be able to assist with your question, we would need to get more information like:

• What are you trying to achieve with the scenario? (eventual goal)
  • What steps have you taken so far to resolve your issue?

Also, please take a camera-viewfinder-duotone screenshot of your scenario along with the relevant module configurations and share-all-duotoneshare the images here so that the community has a deeper understanding of how we could help.

Good afternoon, Michaela,

My achievement is: If i write to specific column in google sheet “YES”, “YES(client)” it sends an e-mail to client. ( we have HTML Table and client’s email in google sheet)
Everything works fine like for 2 weeks, without any error, and it was perfect. WE use this in 4 different countries, but logic behind this is same.

Today we tried tu use another function, basically similar task: If i write Yes to another column , e-mail will be send. At this moment, it started to send the exact email for 2 times in every scenario. So me recover old version from 27.12.2022, reinstal MAKE extension in our Google sheet, and refresh new webhook. Still doesnt work.

If there is possibility to call through Google Meet or something, it will help a lot.

Thank you for your help, have a nice day.
Martin

Hi @Martin_Hyl ,

Even though I don’t know the exact logic of your scenario, it seems that you have two filters that both match the criteria.
Is it possible to share a screenshot of your scenario from one of the executions in which it sent the two emails?

Maybe it’s also interesting to share screenshots of your filters.

Glenn - Callinetic

1 Like

Hey,
I’m working with Martin on the project so I can share some more details as well.
So basically filtering works just fine and doesn’t seem to be a problem, by checking a log it looks like the same change is seen twice, you can see it on the screenshots below
1st run (12:39:36)

2nd run (12:39:37)

As you can see, change is in the same cell, only one route is being triggered but it is done twice.

Also I think it might be some Google Sheets - Make connection error since today later on that day all of the sheets actually stopped working at all, changes weren’t read by webhook at all.

in the examples above the run ID is different so your scenario is running twice. the problem is with the trigger not with the scenario. You need to look at how you have configured the google sheets trigger module. Looking at the operations above you can see that the scenario sends 1 email. If you are getting 2 emails then the scenario is running twice.

2 Likes

Is there any other option, if the scenario is correct ( that we also thinking) problem is with trigger? But we made like 1000+ tasks during 2 weeks without any problem/error, so if we changed nothing in scenario ( we restore version before today’s changes), and also in our Google sheet we didnt make changes, the only solution for that is make schedule time of running scenario to ensure, that it triggered just once per few minutes? (15 is minimum i think, other options does not make sense)?