Excel Runtime Error 400 Invalid Request

Hi,

I’m getting a Runtime error of 400 - Invalid Request when adding a row to an existing Excel spreadsheet in a OneDrive folder. When I run this scenario and choose the method “Select from List”, everything works as expected. In this case, the filenames are variable depending on which source the new row came from, so I’m forced to use the “Enter an ID manually” method. I’ve stripped everything away except for two values to to write in A2:B2 and I’m still getting this error. Any insights from the community on what I could try next would be well appreciated!

Best.


Unfortunately the error “400” doesn’t tell us much about what went wrong.

If you have the Make DevTool Chrome extension installed, you should be able to view the request and response headers and body from each module when you manually run the scenario.

From the Help Center article about the Make DevTool:

Make DevTool allows you to debug your Make scenarios in a completely new way. It adds an extra pane to the Chrome Developer Tools. Using this new debugger pane, you’re able to check all the manual runs of your scenario, review all the performed operations and see the details of every API call performed. It also brings a whole bunch of new opportunities for Apps development. You’re able to check every call that your app has performed. Thanks to this extension, you can easily debug your scenario, see which module, operation, even which single response causes the error, and then get your scenario back on track. Try it out and let your scenarios shine!

For more information on how to install and use this, see https://www.make.com/en/help/scenarios/integromat-devtool

2 Likes

Thank you, Samliew - that’s a nice little extension for chrome. I’m running the one module only and inserting two values manually (I get the same error whether or not I run the whole scenario or just the module) and I’ve captured this data for review. I’m uncertain how helpful this is, but I’ll keep my optimistic hat on ;). Really appreciate the assist!




I’m not sure if this is helpful, but I changed the method to “Select from the list” instead of “Enter the ID manually” to see what a successful request header URL looked like. Here are the Request Header URL’s for a failed and successful run. Just to state again, I have to run “Enter the ID manually” if I want to make the workbook name dynamic. I’m not sure why we can’t map from “Select from list”… that would make my problems go away :). Thank you again for the assist!

Failed Request Header URL:


Successful Request Header URL:

I figured it out. The path to the file was incorrect for some reason. I mapped to FileID under the Workbook ID and that did the trick. I now have another issue so I’ll get something posted on that next.

Thank you, @samliew for the tip on the chrome extension to debug. Ultimately, that led me to the answer.

Hello @cbarney welcome to the community :wave:

I just want to quickly say congratulations on successfully navigating through this with the assistance of @samliew and the Make DevTool :clap:

Also, thank you very much for stepping back in here and sharing the final setup that did the trick for you. This is incredibly valuable and could prove super helpful to others searching for similar information in the future :pray:

1 Like