Filtering out Data from a HTTP POST request response

Hi,

I use a HTTP module which returns an array of objects via Data:

{“category”:{“id”:20000041835,“created_at”:“2022-05-31T13:14:25Z”,“updated_at”:“2022-05-31T13:14:25Z”,“name”:“API”,“description”:“API related documents”,“default_category”:false,“position”:28,“translations”:{},“visible_in_portals”:[20000005198]}}

From this I was wondering if I can filter out the id - 20000041835. The most important Part about this is, that the ID will change after every POST HTTP Request i make. So it has to filter the Number given in the ID Array even if it changes.

I’m currently trying to use the map() value. But it doesn’t seem to work for me.
Could anybody try to help me with this?

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Hi Tobias,
I wasn’t clear if you mean “get the ID” or “filter out the ID”. But hopefully, the following can help.

1. You’ll likely want to ensure you check the “Show Advanced Settings” toggle on the HTTP module and the choose Yes for parse Response. This will make it much easier to work with the return response.

2. If your goal is to simply get the value that was returned in a subsequent module…then doing step one will ensure that the mapping panel will show the right “pill” that you can just select. See screenshots. (note: I am using “parse JSON” in my screenshots, but the result is the same as your HTTP module.

You can also type out: (if your http post module is module ID 1)

{{1.data.category.id}}