Fun with webhooks and iterators

Hi guys,

I’m sure this is easy peasy to someone out there, for me, not so much. If someone can point me in the right direction it would be great…

To get helpful responses

• explain your goal with as much context as possible
    I’m trying to get the data from a webhook into google sheets, email etc.

*** mention any steps you’ve tried so far**
The issue I’ve run into is that the data in the array from the webhook doesn’t show up for google sheets, etc. (I’m gonna guess this will not surprise most of). I do get the fields in the webhook, so I know the data is there:

So I searched and watched and learned about Iterators/aggregators. Added the step, and I do get ALL the items in the result of the iterator.

But again, I can’t get those fields into the NEXT modules (google sheets or email).

I tried delete the iterator and restarting (found that in one post). Tried different mappings. Nothing.
What am I missing? What am I doing wrong?

Any help, info, link to a video etc, would be helpful and so very much appreciate.

Thanks,

Alfred

It is not clear from your description why it is not adding the values to google sheet. If the iterator is iterating over the webhook response correctly and you’re mapping the values from the iterator to google sheet module accurately, it must work.
You should provide a more detailed description showing how you’re mapping the values and all.

2 Likes

Hello @_Mark, welcome to the Make community, and for the excellent observation!

@TangoBravo If you need further assistance, please provide the following:

1. Screenshots of module fields and filters

Please share screenshots of relevant module fields and filters in question? It would really help other community members to see what you’re looking at.

You can upload images here using the Upload icon in the text editor:
Screenshot_2023-10-07_111039

2. Scenario blueprint

Please export the scenario blueprint file to allow others to view the mappings and settings. At the bottom of the scenario editor, you can click on the three dots to find the Export Blueprint menu item.

Screenshot_2023-08-24_230826
(Note: Exporting your scenario will not include private information or keys to your connections)

Uploading it here will look like this:

blueprint.json (12.3 KB)

3. And most importantly, Output bundles

Please provide the output bundles of the modules by running the scenario, then click the white speech bubble on the top-right of each module and select “Download output bundles”.
Screenshot_2023-10-06_141025

A.

Save the bundle contents in your text editor as a bundle.txt file, and upload it here into this discussion thread.

Uploading it here will look like this:

bundle.txt (12.3 KB)

B.

If you are unable to upload files on this forum, alternatively you can paste the formatted output bundle in this manner:

• Either add three backticks ``` before and after the code, like this:

```
    input/output bundle content goes here
    ```

• Or use the format code button in the editor:
    Screenshot_2023-10-02_191027

Providing the output bundles will allow others to replicate what is going on in the scenario even if they do not use the external service.

Following these steps will allow others to assist you here. Thanks!

2 Likes

HI Mark, thanks for your response.

Below are screenshots of the data in the iterator AND what I’m getting to map in email.
I’ve continued to research and I’m thinking it has something to do with Bundles, collections and arrays and how iterator handles that data.

Here I tried it with email:
Here is the data in the iterator:

Here are the mapping options I get in email:

The data in the iterator and the mapping options you get seems to be different. That is odd. You may be doing something wrong. But without adequate data, we really can’t help. If you share the blueprint of your scenario, it would be possible for us to find out the bug.
Moreover, If you want, I can try to help you to sort it out over a zoom call.

Hello @_Mark :wave:

It’s great to see your enthusiasm for helping out!

I just wanted to let you know that the Make Community is all about solving problems openly and publicly so everyone can benefit from the knowledge shared.

If you do end up taking this to a call, we’d love for you to circle back here and share the solution with the community.

1 Like

Hi Mark,

I very much appreciate the offer of the zoom call. Before that, I think I might have an idea of what the issue is. (I’m just a rookie here but I’m lucky sometimes…)

The way the data comes in from the webhook might be the issue:

Bundle 1 (Collection)
entry (Array)
1 (Collection)
Changes (Array)
1 (Collection)
2 (Collection)
3 (Collection)
4 (Collection)
5 (Collection)
6 (Collection)
7 (Collection)
8 (Collection)

I need to get at the 1-8 Collection data under the changes array and that’s not whats showing up.

Do I need a second iterator? Is there something else that would dig DEEPER into incoming data?

I’ve tried setting the iterator to both “entry ” and “Changes Array”.
Entry gives me that collection, but not the full “Changes ” Array. only the FIRST item

I would upload the blueprint but without creating a test lead in TikTok, no data comes into the scenario. (BTW, this is all after I paid a “Make expert” on fivver $125 to get this working. Really wish Make and taken the time and trouble to create a lead gen app for TikTok…

I guess the question comes down to this: how do I map a collection, that is inside of an array, and that array is inside a collection, who is inside of an array, who is inside a collection?

Thanks,

Alfred

GM Guys and Gals,

I found the solution and posted it here in the hopes that it’ll help others.

To give credit where credit is due, the solution was actually given by a video on Youtube by Msquare automation solutions.

In my case, if the data is in the webhook the map function would be needed to pull the data in nested collections, within nested arrays. Or course, the output bundle is needed to know the names of the fields in question.

The is the video: How to begin with Get and Map Function

To give proper credit and my thanks, I have since learned the video is by someone in the Make community, Manish Mandot. He can be reached at manish@growwstacks.com

The video further shows (in the second half) to create a tools/set multiple variable module and uses the get function (with the map function nested) to allow easy mapping into the rest of the module sequence.

My thanks to Msquare for putting out a great video (and for whatever reason, the ONLY video I could find that was on target.

Thanks to everyone that helped.

Alfred