GA4 problem: Event items must be an array, but found string_value

Hi guys!

I’m trying to track a purchase event in GA4 using make. I use the GA4 module and enter all my info and it’s all good… Until I try to add “items” to the event.

The value of items should be an array but I can’t figure out how to enter it correctly. The event includes several items, so it should be an array of objects but whatever I put in the value-field I get an error saying “Event items must be an array, but found string_value”

Here is the output of the array I’m trying to use.

After a while I got a little bit frustrated ( :sweat_smile: ) and tried to insert other values just to see what format would work, and regardless of what I put in value I get “Event items must be an array, but found string_value”

I’m sure I made a beginners mistake here, just can’t figure out what.

Hi @NickyD,
In your Array Aggregator module, there should be a data structure dropdown selector.
Try expanding that and see if there’s an option for Google Analytics.
Once selected, it should prompt you for the fields that need to be filled.

2 Likes

Hi!

Thank you for your reply!

It doesn’t work. Seems something is off with this module. Whatever I put as value is being turned into a string. Got an email from Make saying their devs would look into it.

If anyone else has the same problem I solved it by using the “make an API-call” module instead.

2 Likes

Hey there @NickyD :wave:

Thank you very much for sharing the update on this issue with us in the community. We appreciate it.

Keep up the good work!

1 Like