Get data store items, sort by Number type field in descending order, "display" results in plain text number ordered list

I’m importing fantasy football results via API into a data store. Each week there are 12 results. I’ve got the data into the data-store, but I’m having problems getting it out and sorting it.

Each entry has: Team ID (key), Team name, Score, Result (win or loss)

I need to pull out all 12 entries: Score, Team name, Result

Then I need to sort them in descending order in a plain text list ranking the scores 1-12 in descending order from high score to low score, then post the ranking to the message board in a single post using the fantasy football website’s API.

As I mentioned above, I have no issues getting the data into the data-store, but I cannot figure out how to get it out the way I need.

The desired visual plain-text output should look like

1 - Chiefs - 44 - W
2 - Broncos - 41 - L
3 - Raiders - 37 - W
4 - Chargers - 36 - W
5 - 49ers - 32 - L
6 - Dolphins - 30 - W
7 - Patriots - 27 - W
8 - Jets - 22 - L
9 - Ravens - 20 - W
10 - Bears - 17 - L
11 - Packers - 14 - L
12 - Vikings - 10 - L

Welcome to the Make community!

May I ask why do you need to use a data store, if the results can already be directly fetched from an API elsewhere, and immediately transformed (sorting) and the ranking sent to your message board?

Can you provide the output bundle of the module that is doing this?

Please provide the output bundles of the modules by running the scenario, then click the white speech bubble on the top-right of each module, save the bundle contents in your text editor as a bundle.json file, and upload it here into this discussion thread.
Screenshot_2023-10-06_141025

Providing the output bundles will allow others to replicate what is going on in the scenario even if they do not use the external service.

This will allow others to better assist you. Thanks!

2 Likes

As mentioned, I want to pull the information from a data store, sort it, then output it in a plain text list with each item on a new line.

Nothing else I mentioned is really that relevant to the use case and the data store is used for much more than this one scenario.

Thanks.