Get first item in collection without using raw name

Hi all, I am having an issue accessing the first (or nth) value of a collection. I’m aware of the get function and map functions, but unfortunately, my raw name inside the collection for each cycle keeps changing.

Here is my current setup:

The iterator ensures that I can download each attachment from an email received individually because I need to upload all of them separately in the HTTP step that follows (this uploads the file to GHL, which only allows 1 file upload at a time).

The problem lies in the HTTP response data. The following data is from an email with 2 attachments (ergo 2 cycles from the iterator):

The data I need to get is the link starting with https://msgnsndr… for each cycle. As you can see in the first screenshot, I store those links in a data storage in Make.com.

The problem is that the response I receive from the HTTP module changes the raw name of the uploaded files collection, so if I select “SWI Matrix - hope (1).csv”, for example, it will only accept that raw name, but won’t add any other links to my data storage.

I have tried the toArray function with the uploadedFiles Collection, but that returns an empty array (not sure if I’m doing anything wrong). If I try the flatten function, it just stuffs the collection inside another array, which doesn’t help me access the values I need.

Any ideas on how to access the links? I’d like to avoid having to build a Flask server to process that bit of data if it can be done in Make.com!

Well, after 3 hours of trial and error, I found the solution:

toArray makes it into an array with “1” being the name of the collection and a “standard” key and value label inside of it:

That means, either can be accessed via the standard get function now.

3 Likes