Get, manipulate, and update a SOAP API using XML

I have a complex use-case that is a bit beyond me I’m afraid - seeking help from experts to point me in the right direction!

I have an application that has a SOAP API where I can get and update data of an object in the app (in this case a building record). I want to read the data, replace certain fieldnames and values from mapped data in my scenario, then re-construct the XML to update it back into the app.

Here is an example of my data (from the getBuilding API):

I would like to be able to change items like the fieldName and value of a customField, then write the entire XML back using the SOAP API.

This is the end-state I need to perform an updateBuilding SOAP with replaced items from earlier mappings:

Any ideas how I could achieve this? Thanks in advance for any help :slight_smile:

Hello :wave:t5:,

It is difficult to say how exactly it looks in your scenario but it seems you could use the combination of “XML - Parse XML” and “XML - Create XML” modules.

The “Create XML” module allows the creation of XML files in the specified data structure (it can even be generated based on the sample file).
You could then parse the incoming data and use them in the “Create XML” module in addition to data from other modules.
That would effectively work as replacing the data in the existing file.

I hope it makes sense.

Cheerio :cat_roomba:

3 Likes