Get text parts from received emails and use them as a mappable answers

Hello Guys and thank you for the help in advance.

I use the Mailhook module as my automation trigger, in the email message body I have some info that I want to extra and use separately in the next modules.

Here in this image, pointed in red are the data I want to use as separate answers or mappable fields, I tried with the text parsers, etc, but cant come up with the idea. any help will be much appreciated

Thanks again

Use the Text Parser module inside Make. There is lots on this forum on this handy dandy module.

3 Likes

@valeribendo you need to use regex with “match pattern” module to extract the information.

Many of my client gets lead on email so i use regex for this. It works best.

Princy Jain
Make consultant,
For consulting support: Follow up Automated

2 Likes

@alex.newpath thank you

@Princy thank you very much

Welcome to the Make community!

Screenshot_2024-02-20_151445

Assuming the email structure will always roughly be the same, you can use a Text Parser “Match Pattern” module with this Pattern (regular expression):

Hello (?<recipient>[^,]+),\s+\*(?<action>[^*]+?)\*\s+Name(?:[^:]+?): (?<name>[^\n]+)\s+Email: (?<email>[^\n]+)\s+Date: (?<date>[^\n]+)\s+Sub-Account record ID: (?<id>[^\n]+)(?:\s*|$)

Proof

https://regex101.com/r/QHA2Ze

Important Info

• :warning: Global match must be set to NO!

Screenshot

Output

For more information, see Text Parser in the Make Help Center:

Match Pattern
The Match pattern module enables you to find and extract string elements matching a search pattern from a given text. The search pattern is a regular expression (aka regex or regexp), which is a sequence of characters in which each character is either a metacharacter, having a special meaning, or a regular character that has a literal meaning.

Hope this helps!

samliew – request private consultation

4 Likes