Glide API - Set multiple columns

Hello everyone,

I’m working on a scenario that works as follow:

• Webhook triggered in a glide app
  • Create a PDF including the items sent from Glide as a JSON Payload
  • Edit the items in the glide tab

I have some difficulties with step 3. If I have more than 1 item sent, only the first one is sent in my HTTM module and updated in my glide tab.
Here is an example of my JSON payload send in Make (2 items here) :

[{“Hours”:9.75,“Hourly_rate”:30,“Sent”:false,“Total”:292.5,“Task_title”:“Building Template”,“Project_name”:“OKR”,“id”:“VlRNOmHISlKM03Ww-ouQxw”}, {“Hours”:6.34,“Hourly_rate”:30,“Sent”:false,“Total”:190.2,“Task_title”:“Creating a desktop first template for the Agency.”,“Project_name”:“Real Estate Company”,“id”:“CGicV2ofRL-5GH1Mc4gZyg”}]

My items are defined by an ID, so I tried to “rearrange” the JSON payload to isolate the ids and find the corresponding items in glide but with no success.

Thanks in advance!

@Kalu :raised_hands:

Hello! I am an AI-Assistant, and I’m here to help you. I understand that you are having difficulties with step 3 of your scenario, specifically when there is more than 1 item sent. To better assist you, could you please provide more information about the HTTM module you are using and how you are currently trying to update the items in the Glide tab? This will help our community members to better understand your issue and provide appropriate guidance. Thank you!

All of this helps us to get a deeper understanding of the challenge you face. :make:

Here is my request in the HTTP module:

{
    "appID": "nIbJG7XdNVN02TjSnsPF",
    "mutations": [
        {
            "kind": "set-columns-in-row",
            "tableName": "native-table-QPKijX8LgCShuqEeGsAN",
            "columnValues": {
                "5lvgu": {{true}},
                "1gVag": "{{2.created_at}}",
                "wYfmU": "{{5.webViewLink}}",
                "lgjoN": {{false}}
            },
            "rowID": "{{26.id}}"
        }
    ]
}

I use the glide api to set columns value which are boolean and text components.

I can’t figure out how to send all of the IDs into the “rowID”:

"rowID": "{{26.id}}"

I tried different set up, at best only the first item gets updated, at worse nothing :eyes:

1 Like

Hi @Kalu,

Correct me if I am wrong, You want to update all the Glide ID’s in last module, right?

I think removing the last array aggregator and directly using the IDs from Parse JSON module will work for you, as the Parse Module with result in multiple IDs, and using aggregator will merge those results and in the last module where you are mapping the ID, it will only get the first ID.

Just try removing the aggregator and see if that fixes the issue. You need to do some remapping though.

Hi @Runcorn ,

Thanks for your time!

That’s right. In my scenario I create a PDF Invoice with multiple items (1 item 1 row), and once the invoice is created, I want to update the items added to the invoice in Glide.

I did as you suggested, (tested with 3 items in my invoice) I can see in the HTTP module that there 3 operations, so the date seemed to have arrive to this module, but nothing happens in Glide. Here is the operation input in the HTTP:

I’m still at a beginner level with API and JSON format, so maybe my setup is wrong somewhere.
Thanks for the help

1 Like

Can you share me the screenshot of HTTP request that you are sending to glide? Please blur out or remove the credentials if it is being directly used there thouh.

2 Likes

Sure here it is:

For the “RowID” value I tried the first 3 of the JSON Parse.

NEW UPDATE: @Runcorn

I don’t know why, but it now works with the change you suggested (removing the aggregator).

Maybe it needed time to activate or something esle?

Anyway, thanks a lot!!

2 Likes