Google Service Account

Hi -
Is there a way to use a Google Service Account to connect to Google Contacts to update them for any user in the company?

I’m simply trying to have shared Google contacts. I’m currently using an online service. But I’d like it to be a part of our company portal since it’s duplicate date.

I saw this question asked in the group before but no one answered it.

Yes, their is way to do that

First, you will have to create a Service Account on google
-navigate to cloud console
-Create a new project or use an existing project if you have one.

Navigate to the Admin section.

• Click on Service accounts" and then “Create Service Account.”
  • Fill in the necessary information and grant the required permissions. Ensure that you grant the https://www.googleapis.com/auth/contacts for Authorization scope.
  • now, download JSON key file associated with your account. This file will be used to authenticate your requests.

you will have to Set Up OAuth Consent Screen
-In the Google Cloud Console, go to the “OAuth consent screen” and set up the necessary information.

Now in make,
Add a New HTTP Module:

• Provide the API endpoint for the Google Contacts API.
  • Set up authentication by providing the Service Account credentials.

Because you are using a Service Account, you may need to handle authorization by including the Service Account credentials in the HTTP request headers.

• To perform an update , define the necessary parameters in the HTTP POST request. This might include specifying the contact ID.

-Configure your scenario in make.com to specify the triggers and actions you want. For example, here you want to update a contacts when saved at one location.

2 Likes