Handling Loop Conditions with Variable Bundle Counts in an RSS Scenario

Hello everyone,

I am currently working on a Make.com scenario that retrieves information from RSS feeds, processes it with filters via ChatGPT, and sends the results by email.

I am facing an issue: my scenario loops over the bundles returned by the RSS feed. At the end of this loop, I have a condition that determines when to proceed to the next part of the scenario, based on a specific value (for example, “if equal to 10”). However, sometimes the RSS feed does not return enough bundles to reach this value. When this happens, the next part of my scenario does not execute. Do you have any suggestions on how to resolve this problem?

Welcome to the Make community!

Perhaps you should aggregate the results, and use the built-in function slice to slice the array to 10 (or less).

Then, use an Iterator module to “loop” the (up to 10) items in the aggregated array.

Every result (item/record) from a search/match module will output a bundle. To “combine” them into a single structure, you’ll need to use an aggregator of some sort.

Aggregators are modules that accumulate multiple bundles into one single bundle. An example of a commonly-used aggregator module is the Array aggregator module. The next popular aggregator is the Text Aggregator which is very flexible and has applies to many use-cases.

2 Likes