How do I use the router to do something else if spotify returns nothing

Hello,
My init module is a Spotify Watch Artist’s Albums. Right now It is set up to post a new album to rocket.chat. How can I add a router so that if there is no new albums, it posts something else?

1 Like

Hi @JerryBerry12 welcome to the community

you can add router aggregator it and after aggregator use the router and one path is if array doesnot have any value which is in your case and other will have if it has any value .

if you can share picture of your scenario it will great too ,
Thank you

2 Likes

Hey,
Thanks for responding quickly. I added the array aggregator before the router, I was just wondering what do I select to make it work. Here’s a picture:

HI @JerryBerry12 Please see this you have to do it combine on first step and then in filters you can apply condition
see this below

and after this you can add filter if there is new record it will pass and if not it will go other side in router

thank you

Happy Automation

Hey!
I configured everything, but when I clicked run, it ran the spotify, but not either of the rocket.chats. Am i doing something wrong?
Here are the screenshots:

Also, I forgot to say that before I had this config, it was set up to be Spotify → rocket.chat. No router. I also set spotify to Do all albums since beginning, and I ran it many times, so what it should be doing now is redirecting to no album message every time, because there should be no more albums to report. Thanks!

Welcome to the Make community!

Please export the scenario blueprint file to allow others to replicate the issue. At the bottom of the scenario editor, you can click on the three dots to find the Export Blueprint menu item.

Screenshot_2023-08-24_230826

Uploading it here will look like this:

blueprint.json (12.3 KB)

Please provide the output bundles of the array aggregator modules when there are no results. Run the scenario manually, then click the white speech bubble on the top-right of the module, save the contents as a bundle.json file, and upload it here into this discussion thread:

Screenshot_2023-10-06_141025

Following these steps will allow others to assist you here. Thanks!

2 Likes

Here is the blueprint:
https://dragon.compress2go.com/download-file/f683b08f-c389-4e9a-88fa-fe7d76e79aa0/4be9839d-c612-4222-80e9-646756c141c9?qr=true
It’s in tar.gz bc its to big to upload to the forum.

In array aggregator there is no download button or speech bubble. Just so you know the color is green. In your images, I saw it was purple. Am I using the wrong one? It is called the “Array Aggregator”, right?

The spotify module is returning nothing, probably bc there are no new albums, like I said.

That’s because nothing is being aggregated. Can you provide the output bundles for the successful modules (e.g.: trigger)?

The screenshot is just to demonstrate where to click to get your output bundles.

This is likely the case. If there are no new albums, there is nothing to do, nothing to aggregate.

This is not an error.

When there are no new results, NO bundles are generated. No bundles means next modules will NOT run.

If you want to run/test with older data, you’ll need to right-click on your trigger module, and select “Choose where to start”. This will allow you to pick older data to send through the scenario.

A trigger with result bundles will result in items collected in the aggregator module like this:

Hope this explains it well.

2 Likes

Hey @samliew,
Yes, thanks for explaining. Now I understand that if spotify returns nothing, the rest of the code won’t work. But I would like it to run my other rocket.chat if spotify returns nothing. Is there any way to do that? Or is that just the nature of make and you can’t do that.
Thanks for the help!
@JerryBerry12

EDIT:
There are no output bundles for spotify
just:
[
null
]

Hey
Nobody has replied for a while so I just wanted to see if anyone has a solution

I’m going to clarify what I said before just in case there is any confusion.

I’m looking for a way so that if no bundles are returned, it does a different action instead of stopping the run.

Is that possible?
And if it isn’t could someone let me know so I could close this topic?