How to get my one ChatGPT answer into separate lines

Hi,

I wanted to split by lines my ChatGPT result, but I can’t seem to do that. Can you help?

Welcome to the Make community!

You can split a text variable using the built-in function split.

Screenshot_2024-01-18_230106

Here are some useful links and guides you can use to learn more on how to use the Make platform, apps, and app modules. I found these useful when I was learning Make, and hope they might benefit you too —

General

Help Center Basics

Articles & Videos

3 Likes

Hi Sam,

Thank you for the input, that is added to my knowledge.

I also wanted to share what I wanted to do:

So I had ChatGPT summarized an article for me, but I wanted the result to be in separate line items so I can append it in the Google Docs according to my preference.

I’m so new and I’m working on to complete the Make Academy.

Would really appreciate your help!

1 Like

That’s great, how can I help?

2 Likes

Sorry! How can I get the chatgpt bundle result in line items? I tried using the iterator to split them out and used the built in function your recommended. But I wasn’t able to see a result of the split.

To add, I’m adding the results that I have. The first part is the packed information from chatgpt, but I wanted it to appear as below:

I can arrange that myself in google doc but I cant separate the lines from chatgpt.

Looks like OpenAI isn’t using newlines to separate the Headline and Summary. I think you should ask it to use a new line for each headline, summary, and two new lines for each item.

Then, you can easily use the method I showed you above.

2 Likes

Got it, thank you for the help Sam!