How to get Rollup Values from Notion

Hello there,

I’m trying to do a simple Notion->Notion scenario. Get the value of a RollUp and Set it as a Relation in the same Database.
I have this set up in two databases. One works, the other doesn’t. It looks like make can only “see” the Rollup value if there is already one instance of it setup. So I have to set the relation one time manually for that entry, and after that every entry with the same Rollup->Relation value is automatically completed by the scenario. I want it completely automated.
Any way to get Rollups more reliably from Notion?

The make-connection is established for every database this considers.

best,
Martin

Can you take a camera-viewfinder-duotone screenshot of your make scenario for me, along with the relevant module configurations and share-all-duotoneshare the images here?

Hello Alex,

here are the Screenshots. Quite a simple setup really. Just that the relation:id isn’t picked up reliable. The whole tag was “black” the first time I picked the :id tag.

Can you show the full json of the output bundles coming out of the watch database module?

1 Like

Sure, Upload is just possible as pdf.

Watch_DataBase_Output.pdf (98.1 KB)

Here’s the collection you are trying to access, and I think you need to extract the id value

"ProjectTime": {
             "type": "array",
              "array": [
               {
                  "type": "relation",
                  "relation": [
                                  {
                                  "id": "b610d705-564c-42e3-aef8-669a9289d879"
                                  }
                              ]
                      }
                ],
              "function": "show_original"
       }

The path to the id can be referenced via dot notation. This is a guess as to what you can put into the projects field.

{{1.Properties.Value.ProjectTime.array[0].relation[0].id}}

If you have a list of ids you may need to iterate the relation array and then use the id in the project id field and call the update a database item module as many times as there are IDs.

1 Like

Hey Alex,

what I don’t understand is, why make sometimes “sees” the relation and sometimes not.
The relation array is empty although there clearly is a value in notion. Only when I set it up manually, make “sees” the ProjectTime id value.
Is there another way to get RollUp Values reliable?

Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 19.13.57

I think it because Make.com doesn’t have access rights to the related page. Make sure the make integration is allowed here.