How to Image overlays/Watermarks?

Hello,
could anyone please give me any directions how to place small overlay images over a big background image? E.g. I have a (background) image and would like to add pre-defined, smaller images over this background image at certain positions. I’m aware you can place watermarks on pdf’s, but I’d like to achieve the same with e.g. jpegs/pngs and store the resulting image. Many thanks.

Hi @Georg,

The easiest way is to use Cloudinary. The documentation is great and their free tier generous: Adding Watermarks, Credits, Badges, and Text Overlays to Images

1 Like

Many thanks for your answer. It seems the make module doesn’t support this yet, perhaps just through an api call…? We require to place several badges on top of an existing background image, and then create/merge all those elements into a single image and process it further in the scenario.
I might be tempted to use a google-drive document, place merge-tags over an image there and replace them with the badges, but this seems to be awkward…

You just upload the image to Cloudinary using Make then you just “build” the url with the overlay and get the actual image using the HTTP - Get File module.

You could potentially make something work with Google Doc or Slides but it is not ideal. With Cloudinary you have way more control to build your image.

So the background is static and the overlay is dynamic, correct?

1 Like

Ok many thanks, I’ll give it a try!

1 Like

Hi there, @Georg! :wave:

Have you had a chance to give @loic.wiseflow’s suggestion a try? We’re curious to know if it worked out for you! :nerd_face:

Hello, I will keep you posted here! Thank you.

1 Like

Hi Georg,

PDFco supports adding images as overlays to a background image in a specific position. To assist you further, I have prepared a simple step-by-step guide for you to follow:

1. Log into your Make account and create a new scenario.
  2. Search for the PDFco app and select the Add Text and Images to a PDF option.
  3. Set up the PDFco configuration.
  • Start by connecting your PDFco account by adding the API. You can obtain the API key from your PDFco dashboard.
  • Choose the Import PDF from the URL option.
  • Enter the direct URL for your source file.
  • Look for the Images parameter under the Parameters section and configure it.
  • Specify the x and y coordinates where you want to add the overlay images. To easily obtain the coordinates, you can use the PDFco PDF Edit Add Helper tool in our dashboard.
  • Provide the URL of the image you want to add in the background.
  • Set the desired width and height for your overlay image.
  1. Once you have set up the configuration, run the scenario to see the result.
  2. After the scenario runs successfully, you can copy the resulting URL to view the output.

Kindly check out this tutorial How to Overlay Images using PDF.co and Make - PDF.co.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to email us at support@bytescout.com

Have a great day!

1 Like