How to work with 2 watch scenario's?

Hello Makers,

Hope you are doing well, I got a question. I am trying to make an automation working. But I can’t seem to find the solution.

What does the automation?

It looks for events in the Google Calendar and when there is an event. It grabs the information from Google Calendar and puts the data into a mail. When this is done, a message will be send to Whatsapp. The person needs to accept that the mail goes out. When he accepted it, the message would be send out.

What is the problem?

I need to have 2 watch scenarios, one to watch if there is an event and one that watches if the person accepts the request. How can I fix this?

What I thought:

Send a webhook with the data to another scenario, but then I have 2 watch events again, one for the webhook and one that is watching the message.

So in short:

I need to have 2 watch scenarios, one to watch if there is an event and one that watches if the person accepts the request. How can I fix this?

Down below you will find the ideal situation(with red circled where the problem is):

Hi @Serox_Tom,

You definitely need two scenarios to do this:

Scenario 1: Watch events → Create draft message in Outlook → Send Whatsapp Message
Scenario 2: Watch for request acceptance (exact mechanism TBD) → Send Draft message

How is the user “accepting” exactly? Replying to a message? Clicking on a link? Other?

If I were to design this I would send a link to a simple form with the event id as a url parameter. Then the user has two choices, decline or accept.

Your scenario 2 can then monitor your form submissions, and send the email if the user selects “accept”.

If you decide to watch Whatsapp responses it could become challenging to link a response to a specific event.

2 Likes