I want to update a custom field in kommo

Hello everyone,

I am experiencing a problem when trying to update custom fields of a specific lead using the “Update a Lead” module in Kommo through an automated integration.

Scenario Description:

• I am trying to update a custom field called “ID booking” for a specific lead within Kommo.
  • I use a dynamic auto-incremental value obtained from a Notion database, which is supposed to be updated in Kommo’s custom field.

Problem:

• When running the “Update a Lead” module with the provided data, I receive an error that prevents the successful update of the custom field. The specific error is not clearly detailed, but the process fails when trying to modify the value of the “ID booking” field.

Followed Steps:

1. I obtain the lead ID and the auto-incremental value that I need to update from Notion.
  2. I configure the “Update a Lead” module in my tool with the lead ID and the value I need to update in the custom field.
  3. I try to execute the integration to update the custom field with the new value.

Encountered Problems:

• The module fails to update the custom field, and I do not receive a detailed error message that helps me diagnose the problem. What am I doing wrong?

inputbundles
[
{
“id”: 5555066,
“_embedded”: {},
“custom_fields_values”: [
{
“values”: [
“{"value":3}”
],
“field_id”: “2775304”
}
]
}
]

If you have the Make DevTool Chrome extension installed, you should be able to view the request and response headers and body (including additional details of errors) from each module when you run the scenario.

From the Help Center article about the Make DevTool:

Make DevTool allows you to debug your Make scenarios in a completely new way. It adds an extra pane to the Chrome Developer Tools. Using this new debugger pane, you’re able to check all the manual runs of your scenario, review all the performed operations and see the details of every API call performed. It also brings a whole bunch of new opportunities for Apps development. You’re able to check every call that your app has performed. Thanks to this extension, you can easily debug your scenario, see which module, operation, even which single response causes the error, and then get your scenario back on track. Try it out and let your scenarios shine!

By using the Make DevTool in the Chrome developer console, you should be able to see which fields are causing the error.

For more information on how to install and use this, see https://www.make.com/en/help/scenarios/integromat-devtool

It is also likely that you do not need to use JSON here. Just insert the value directly:

The example JSON provided below the field is ONLY when you have toggled the Map on, which you have not.

3 Likes

thanks for answer. I installed the Make DevTool extension and also modified the custom field value field, but I still get an error. I add a function parse number. I added the “parsenumber” function because it is a dynamic value output from another module and I’m not sure I need it. could this be the reason?

i alrredy solved it

Hello @Nicolas_Campos welcome to the community :wave:

I just want to quickly say congrats on resolving this with the guidance of @samliew :clap:

Thanks a lot for stepping back into the community and sharing your final setup with us. This is super helpful and can be incredibly valuable to others searching for similar information :pray:

1 Like