Invalid number in parameter

Hi all,

I’m new to make.com and kind of amazed at its potential. I’m blindly feeling my way through what I’m wanting to do through a combination of the make.com documentation, some youtube videos and a lot of trial and error.

I’ve made good progress but have run up against a wall and I was hoping someone might know how to set me straight.

Here’s what I’m doing:

I have a google sheet which contains customer order information. The google sheet contains a row for each order placed so it has customer name, date etc plus three fields which combine multiple order items into a single string each for Description, SKU and Quantity.

I have a module checking the google sheet for new rows

The contents of those three fields look something like:

Description: Item 1,Item 2,Item 3,

SKU: SKU 1,SKU 2,SKU 3,

Quantity: 5,10,10,

I’m using three Set Variable modules and the Split command to turn each of those strings into an array of variables.

I am then using the Array Aggregator to (hopefully) bundle all of that together so that I can pass it to the Order Desk module which will then create a new order in Order Desk each time a row is added to Sheets.

In the Array Aggregator it’s giving me the option of selecting an Order Desk-specific target structure type of ‘Order Items’ which seems promising.

I’ve added the variables from the three Set Variable modules to the appropriate fields but now it’s telling me:

But if I check the output from the Quantity module it looks like it contains numbers to me.

Does anyone have any idea what I’m doing wrong?

I also tried another approach which at least allowed the numbers. Instead of using the Order Items Target Structure Type I selected Custom instead and checked the three variables:

This runs successfully up to the Order Desk module. It has the three variables (SKU, quantity and description all present and correct in the input to the module:

But in the output it’s collapsed it all back into a single quantity with no SKU or Description:

And the order that appears in Order Desk is just a blank entry with 1 quantity as per the output.

I feel I’m tantalisingly close to sorting this but just can’t put my finger on it and I’m not going round and round in circles!

1 Like

As far i know and used array aggregator when there are more than 1 bundle of output And merge them to create 1 combined bundle of output. Like this in the image…

2 Likes

Hi Prem, thanks for this. I see how you’re using it there. Looks like I’ve got the wrong tool for what I need to do. More thought needed!

1 Like

Here’s an illustration of my starting position and where I think I need to end up for his to work. The black box is the bit I’m struggling with… :joy:

2 Likes

@JamieB

It looks like your original issue might be that the numbers aren’t really numbers…

You can click on the download icon in the data display:

Then click download output bundles:

You will see a more explicit representation of the data.
Notice that the 1 is NOT in quotes but the 2 is: (the 1 is a “real” number, the 2 is a string/text value)

Here is one simple way to force text numbers into real numbers:

Jim - The Monday Man (YouTube Channel)
What is Make & How can it help you with monday?
We Create Custom Solutions
Schedule a 1-on-1 Tutorial Session (for monday, Make or “Chocolate”)

3 Likes

Two nice tips there Jim. Thanks for that. Will investigate.

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Invalid number