"IP address is not valid" for SOAP call

Hello,

I’m trying to put Make in communication with an on-premise API at my client’s. My client has whitelisted all the IP’s that Make uses and when I put the URL of the WSDL in the SOAP module, Make successfully lists the available operations. I select the most simple one, being the login and use correct credentials. But when I execute the scenario, I receive an error message “IP address is not valid”.

When I execute a script provided by the client on the exact same URL with the same credentials, it works correctly.

Can you please help me understand the root cause of my problem?

Thank you in advance,

Augustin

I think this question is best answered by a developer on the Make team, since we don’t really see on-premise install questions on this forum so far.

For quicker assistance with bugs and technical problems for Enterprise customers, you may want to contact support directly since you have 24/7 support included with your subscription. The Make team responds very quickly and update you frequently on the status of their investigation.

I hope you will return to post any findings and solutions you took to resolve this with the Make support team, as I am interested to learn more about on-premise installs as well.

2 Likes

Thank you for your answer, Samliew. It should be a basic SOAP call since the API is exposed on the internet for Make. I asked the question to Make sales but haven’t heard from them yet. I want to understand how efficient their support is before I consider the Enterprise subscription :slight_smile: .
By any chance, isn’t there a way to debug the scenario and catch the full payload that is sent?

thanks again

If you have the Make DevTool Chrome extension installed, you should be able to view the request and response headers and body from each module when you manually run the scenario.

From the Help Center article about the Make DevTool:

Make DevTool allows you to debug your Make scenarios in a completely new way. It adds an extra pane to the Chrome Developer Tools. Using this new debugger pane, you’re able to check all the manual runs of your scenario, review all the performed operations and see the details of every API call performed. It also brings a whole bunch of new opportunities for Apps development. You’re able to check every call that your app has performed. Thanks to this extension, you can easily debug your scenario, see which module, operation, even which single response causes the error, and then get your scenario back on track. Try it out and let your scenarios shine!

For more information on how to install and use this, see https://www.make.com/en/help/scenarios/integromat-devtool

2 Likes

Thank you for the hint, samliew, it helped a bit. With further researches, I found out that the SOAP module is in beta https://www.make.com/en/help/app/soap. It doesn’t work in my case.
I managed to workaround with the basic HTTP request but it really is a pity because it’s much less straightforward than the SOAP module. I hope that Make is about to fix these issues soon enough.

1 Like

Hello @aregout welcome to the community :wave:

I just want to quickly say congrats on finding a workaround to this. Also, thank you very much for circling back to us with the info you found and for keeping us updated on your progress.

And last but certainly not least, your feedback regarding the SOAP module is greatly appreciated. Thank you for sharing it.

1 Like