Issue with Automating Google Drive Photo Uploads to Facebook Page

Hello everyone,

I’m encountering an issue and need some help. I’m trying to set up a workflow that downloads photos from Google Drive and automatically uploads them to a Facebook Page. I also want this workflow to run periodically.

As shown in the attached image, the Google Drive Watch File trigger works fine and shows no issues. However, the second and third actions do not execute.

Am I doing something wrong? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

Please tell the error you are encountering

1 Like

Add a [get a share link] module and then download a file with that share link

1 Like

Hello,

Sorry, I am a beginner, I followed your advice and added the Get a Share Link module, but when I run the workflow, I still only see a green tick on the first step. Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you

And I also don’t see any new posts on my Facebook.

I don’t understand why every time I run the workflow, it only completes the first Google Drive module. :sweat_smile:

Welcome to the Make community!

This is because the module is a POLLING trigger, and not an INSTANT (Webhook) trigger.

There are two main types of triggers, Polling (scheduled), and Instant (webhooks). Polling triggers can only run on a schedule. Instant triggers can be run as soon as data is received by the webhook.

Polling means Make checks external service for changes (pull changes to Make).
Webhook (instant) triggers means external service calls Make when there are new changes (push changes to Make).

The module you are using does not push changes — it’s basically a API request that Make has to occasionally “call” to fetch the latest changes/items.

To find out more on the different types of Trigger modules, see refer to Types of Modules and Webhooks sections of the Make help center.

This means, when you RUN the scenario, it only fetches new data created since the last scenario run.

Go to the Epoch Panel, by right-clicking on the trigger module (polling triggers only), and select “Choose where to start” from the list of options in the context menu.

You can manually pick older data to work with.

For more information, see

Here are some useful links and guides you can use to learn more on how to use the Make platform, apps, and app modules. I found these useful when I was learning Make, and hope they might benefit you too —

General

Help Center Basics

Articles & Videos

samliewrequest private consultation

Join the unofficial Make Discord server to chat with other makers!

1 Like

Follow-up question: what if there are multiple images in the folder? How can we set up the workflow so it doesn’t repost already-used images?

Welcome to the Make community!

That looks like a new question, could you please create a separate topic for this?

While it’s tempting to hop onto an existing thread, a more effective approach would be to start a new topic just for your question. It helps community experts find and respond to your query quicker, and keeps our space organised for everyone. If you start a new conversation you are also more likely to get help from other users. You can refer others back to a related topic by including that link in your question. Thank you for understanding and keeping our community neat and tidy.

The “New Topic” link can be found in the top-right of the header:

Screenshot_2023-12-19_091207

samliewrequest private consultation

Join the unofficial Make Discord server to chat with us!

1 Like