Linkedin error 401 - Bummer, something went wrong. The redirect_uri does not match the registered value

Dear Community,

I am having issues with setting the redirect_uri correctly. As I am getting the error as above posting in the title.

Wondering if someone could kindly assist me in step out the issue with me as I am new to this app and process.

Note: that I have setup the app in Linkedin and used all the right credintials.

Thanks
Mark

Hello and welcome to the Make community!

Could you please share screenshots of how you are setting up the LinkedIn connection, and what is the current redirect_uri value you have used in your LinkedIn OAuth app?

This will allow others to better assist you. Thanks!

If you are unsure, means you are using Make’s default LinkedIn connection. In which case it’s a technical issue and you should contact Make support:

For quicker assistance with bugs and technical problems, you may want to contact support directly. They respond very quickly and update you frequently on the status of their investigation.

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply. After using AI (funny enough) to work it out after many attempts. It is now presenting with this error:

“{“message”:“The request failed due to failure of a previous request.”,“code”:“SC424”,“suberrors”:[{“message”:”[unauthorized_scope_error] Scope "r_liteprofile" is not authorized for your application",“name”:“InvalidConfigurationError”}]}"

please also see the attached screenshot.

Thank you in advance
Mark

Hello @Mark_MBR

You can get more information from here LinkedIn (make.com)

Don’t hesitate to contact us if you require further assistance.

//VLAD

You have accidentally pinged the wrong person. Please take a look carefully and try to provide more useful advice. Thank you.

Dear @samliew and @Wemakefuture,

I seem to still have an issue with this.

I have looked at the article and has not made an further progress.

Please, can someone help :slight_smile:

Thank you again,
Mark

Hello and welcome to the Make community!

Could you delete your LinkedIn connection, then while setting it up again, please share screenshots of how you are setting up the LinkedIn connection. Also provide us the current redirect_uri value you have used in your LinkedIn OAuth app.

This will allow others to better assist you. Thanks!

If you are unsure of the redirect_url, it means you are using Make’s default LinkedIn connection. In which case it’s a technical issue and you should contact Make support:

For quicker assistance with bugs and technical problems, you may want to contact support directly. They respond very quickly and update you frequently on the status of their investigation.

2 Likes

Hello Mark,

I am facing the same issue as you. Have you been able to solve it? If yes, could you please help me as well? Thank you.

I’m curious if anybody have solved this issue?

For quicker assistance with bugs and technical problems with app errors, you may want to contact support directly. They respond very quickly and update you frequently on the status of their investigation.

Hope you can share the resolution with us if you manage to solve this problem!

2 Likes