I have a list of URLs in a notion document I need to iterate through to pull URLs from. Is there a way to:
- Connect to the Notion Database
- Pull the url from a single row
- Evaluate it in second module
- Take a value from the second module and add it to the same row as the url.
Hi @rainmanjam, this sounds possible, and I have a few clarifying questions:
- Where are the URLs you would like to pull? Do you have 1 URL per row in a Notion database?
- What do you mean by “evaluate it in second module”? Which tools would you use for that?
- Did you already try anything to achieve your task in Make? If yes, what did you try?
Thanks for your follow up.
- That is correct. I have 1 URL per row in my notion database.
- I would like to pass that URL into an HTTP GET request, parse the data, and then return several values in the matching row.
- Not yet.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
It sounds like you need the following modules:
- Notion “watch database item” OR “search objects” module (depending on when you want the automation to trigger)
- HTTP module for your GET request, where the URL is mapped from module 1
- Iterator to parse the output from #2
- Notion “update database item” module, where the database item ID is mapped from #1, and the URL is mapped from #3
Let me know if that makes sense or anything is missing
So it looks like that flow worked, and I have just two more questions.
- Notion API has a 2000 char limit. Is there a way to filter so I can concatenate it down, skip over that step or replace it with something else.
- It looks like there is a limit on the number of search objects ingested. What would you recommend to work around that and loop through all of the rows?
Thank you so much. Everything worked.