Make traffic limit & testing scenario with big files (Shopify)

Hi there
I want to create/update products in Shopify by automatically importing a csv file. The problem I noticed while testing a scenario in Integromat is that the csv file is 25mb in size. So I reached my traffic limit pretty quickly. Does Make have the same traffic limit for the basic/core plan as Integromat? I couldnt find any infos about that on the site.

If yes, what would be a way to reduce the traffic size while working with large files? Are there any tricks?

Thanks

Hi there,

Great to see your question here in the community! :slight_smile:

I just wanted to clarify that this is a community of Make users helping out and sharing knowledge. This means we don’t have access to any of your scenarios, organizations etc.
It’s therefore always best to share as much details as possible, including some screenshots so that the community can understand what’s going on in your scenarios.

Detailed information could be provided for example by an:

1. overview of your scenario setup (functions, mappings, variables etc.)
  2. the input area of the module you are having trouble with
  3. the output area of the module you are getting data from

Thank you!

In case you think this is not needed, please disregard this message. I have send this message by automation since you don’t have any attachments.

Hi thanks for your reply. The scenario is pretty straight forward:

Currently Im getting the CSV file from onedrive, but we will switch to a ftp server in the future

Hey @nenad ,

Good questions.

1)Does Make have the same traffic limit for the basic/core plan as Integromat?
Yes, Make also has limitations however the approach was changed. You can find more information here: Pricing parameters

2) If yes, what would be a way to reduce the traffic size while working with large files?
The best way to do this is by manually modifying your CSV file before you use it. Create a copy of the CSV and modify it so it only holds a few lines. With Excel or gSheets you can open CSVs and modify them easily .

Another tip for big data automations
What you can do with a lot of APIs these days is “Bulk” operations. Just like with Shopify you can import big data by performing a bulk update/insert. More information about this can be found here: Bulk import data with the GraphQL Admin API

Hope this helps you!
~Bjorn