Merge text from 2 separate bundles, each nested in 2 operations

Hi :wave:

I want to combine 2 texts (contact details of Médiateur #1 and Médiateur #2) into a Variable called “Détails binôme”, which will be integrated in the content of an email. But at this point, I only managed to get the 2 texts separately in 2 operations.

Here is the scenario :

#1 filter on Type= Médiateur

#2 Text aggregator, format the contact details

#3 Array aggregator, attempt to merge Outputs (failed!)

#4 Set Variable “Détails binôme”

Thanks for your help! :pray:

Welcome to the Make community!

If they are still in two bundles, you can use a Text Aggregator.

Every result (item/record) from a search/match module will output a bundle. To “combine” them into a single structure, you’ll need to use an aggregator of some sort.

Aggregators are modules that accumulate multiple bundles into one single bundle. An example of a commonly-used aggregator module is the Array aggregator module. The next popular aggregator is the Text Aggregator which is very flexible and has applies to many use-cases.

If they are already in an array, you can use the map and join built-in functions.

{{ join(map(33.array; "text"); space) }}

3 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply, Sam!

I have added a Text Aggregator module between the Array Aggregator and the Set Variable modules and use the map and join functions as you suggested :

I must have done something wrong, as I still have two outputs from the Text Aggregator.

You have to put module number 3 iterator as source.

The logic behind selecting source for any aggregator is that to tell aggregator that in how many bundles results have to convert to.

Youth module number 3 iterator is giving 1 operation. So you need to connect that only.

Princy Jain
Make consultant,
For consulting support: Follow up Automated

3 Likes

Thanks for your explanation, Princy, it works! :clap:

2 Likes

Thanks to your help and Princy’s, my scenario works! :+1: :pray:

1 Like

@Yann Glad i can help. Can you mark it as solved so others can see as solution.

Princy Jain
Make consultant,
For consulting support: Follow up Automated

1 Like