Multiple replace functions in one value

Hello together,

is it possible to add multiple replace functions into one value? In the attached scenario I try to replace regular expressions with some other text. Unfortunately I have several expressions, each of which needs to be replaced with different text. So I wonder if I can add multiple replace functions in the value of item 3 of the webhook arguments and if so, how to separate them. I already tried just to add another replace-function behind the first one which didn’t work.

Do you have any suggestions?

Howdy @Stefanie Welcome to the :make: Make Community!

IML Nesting:

You should be able to Nest replace functions (and all make IML for that matter) in a similar style as you would nest an excel formula.

Unfolded to make it easier to read :smiley:

For readability purposes only
:warning: DO NOT:
Write it out with the spaces/tabs like this in make(causes problems/mostly :x: doesn’t save)
Feature Request Quick(self) Note:
Make the IML editor more tab/spaces friendly, and also multi cursor editing capabilities. like vs code.

This would be a huge game-changer for readable complex IML.
Tabbing currently does not work at all. as it tabs you out of the edit pane.

Hope This helps!

3 Likes

The replace() function does allow regular expressions and it makes it much easier to read. I have to go test it out for @Stephanie’s request before I suggest an approach first. Without testing a REGEX I am loathe to suggest anything.

Nested solution work great. But they are very difficult to create in the editor because of formatting issues. And changing them sometimes creates more issues.

3 Likes

This is great, just what I needed. It worked on the first try. Thank you very much for the quick and detailed answer :partying_face:

4 Likes