OAuth 2.0 "Authorize" always HTTPGet even though method set to "Post"

Trying to make an OAuth 2.0 connection and even in my authorize I set the method to POST my server is always receiving a GET. How do I keep this from happening?

"authorize": {
    "url": "https://server/API/v1/auth/token",
    "method": "POST",
    "body": {
        "client_id": "{{parameters.clientId}}",
        "client_secret": "{{paremeters.clientId)}}"
    },
    "type": "urlencoded",
    "response": {
        "data": {
            "expires": "{{body.expiration}}",
            "token": "{{body.token}}",
            "refreshToken": "{{body.refreshToken}}"
        }
    },
    "log": {
        "sanitize": [
            "response.body.token",
            "response.body.refreshToken"
        ]
    }
},

Hello @Matronix and welcome to the community.

• Try putting a Webhook URL and check the method there.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you need any additional help.
//VLAD

2 Likes

Sorry i’m new to this. This is my first time using this platform. Do you have an example that I could follow? I don’t have a webhook currently.

@Wemakefuture Am I wrong in thinking that if you set a method to POST that it should be sent as POST? I don’t see anything in the document saying anything differently.

That should work perfectly fine @Matronix .
When you run the connector within Make, look into the console → network to see what it’s doing in the back. Most likely your API is not working properly.

If you can’t figure it out, you can always hire a professional Make Expert.

1 Like

The API is working properly as I can call it just fine with Postman and Curl. When I look at the server the call is being received as a GET though.

1 Like

Allright, so how does it look in Make? Did you check the console?

Can you take a camera-viewfinder-duotone screenshot of your make scenario for me, along with the relevant module configurations and share-all-duotoneshare the images here?

I get nothing in the console. The popup window ends up returning a 401 error. On my server it shows that it is a HttpGet. As posted in the original post I have the connection json and it shows that it should be a POST. I’m not getting to any parts of the scenario because the connection is not working.