Parse Shopify contact form into Google Sheet and Clickup task

I am new to Make and I’m trying to make progress on what I thought should be a fairly simple scenario.

When I receive contact form content from a Shopify store:

I want to parse the text content so that I can:

• Add the data as a row in Google Sheets
  • Create a new task in Clickup

I have the following rows in the GSheet, which should map directly to the text content.

I also need to create a new Clickup task:

• The task name is “Website Lead - [Name field from text content]”
  • The other fields should map to Clickup custom fields
  • The form’s Comment field should populate the Clickup task’s description field

It’s also complicated because the Clickup phone field requires an exact format. In New Zealand (+64) there are several different phone formats. So, depending on what the user enters, there may need to be some standardization of the phone field before it is sent to Clickup.
Eg. All landlines are the same format single digit area code then 7 digit phone number. Eg 07 123 4567 → which should be formatted as +64 7 123 4567

However, mobile phones can vary in digit counts. All have a 3 digit area code but they could have a 7 or 8 digit phone number
Eg:
021 123 4567 → +64 21 123 4567
022 1234 5678 → +64 22 1234 5678

Any guidance on building this scenario would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks!

Good morning,

Make has a Parse a Phone Number module that you can use to get the number in international format (which in turn should work for ClickUp). Have in mind that ClickUp also checks emails for correct formatting, so you may need to verify them as well.

2 Likes