Read the first few characters of an email reply text content

Hello Community,

I’ve set up a nice email automation for a client with routers that dispatch all my triggers properly.

Yesterday I set up a new trigger that sends an auto-reply email template based on a trigger, but, the problem arises when the client replies AGAIN to the auto-reply template, MAKE will resent the same template email because it will detect the old reply from the client, making it a neverending sending loop.

let me explain properly :
EMAIL Watch > Filter (if TEXT CONTENT contains “Status of my loan request”) > send email template

If the client only replies: OK, or Thank you, or, sure…

The filter will pick up ALL the content of the past communication detect AGAIN the “status of my loan request” and send the template again, and it will confuse the client, the client will reply again “What? Why did you send me this again?” and there goes the template again! lol.

Hope this makes sense.

So what I want to know, is there a way to make a filter or a condition to only detect and read only the first 20 characters of an email?

Thank you so much,
Best

Welcome to the Make community!

You can use the built-in function substring to get the first X characters of a text string

e.g.:

substring(email_content; 0; 20)

Screenshot_2024-03-22_230313

For more information, see https://www.make.com/en/help/functions/string-functions#substring--text--start--end-

2 Likes

Wow, it was so simple, but yet, I’ve been looking for a while!

Thank you so much for your help,
Have a great weekend

2 Likes