Separating parameters from a list to individual fields

Hello

I am reading a list of numbers (comma separated) from a cell in Google sheets and I need to insert them individually to create a WP post.

Additionally those tags can vary in number. They can sometimes be 2, 3 or 4 (like in this case).

Thanks

Use {{ split(11.`D`; ",") }} in an iterator.

Use an array aggregator to map into the Values field (Turn on the “Map” toggle)

Every result (item/record) from a search/match module will output a bundle. To “combine” them into a single structure, you’ll need to use an aggregator of some sort.

Aggregators are modules that accumulate multiple bundles into one single bundle. An example of a commonly-used aggregator module is the Array aggregator module. The next popular aggregator is the Text Aggregator which is very flexible and has applies to many use-cases.

Read this

The Array Aggregator module allows you to build a complex array of collections for a later module’s field to map multiple items (collections) to it.

Here is an example of using the “Target structure type” of an Array Aggregator module:

As you can see, the “Map” toggle on fields are used when you have an array. You can easily build an array variable to map to a field, by using an Array Aggregator module and select the “Target Structure Type” as the future field you want to map the array into.

3 Likes

HI

Thanks for that!

I’ve setup the aggregator, but I seem not to be able to map the actual data into the fields.

I tried mapping the arrays, the values, with numbers or without, but I always get an error message.

Screenshot 2024-02-13 at 09.54.26

Or by mapping:

Okay, looks like you don’t need an iterator or aggregator.

Just {{ split(11.`D`; ",") }} directly into the Values field.

Screenshot_2024-02-13_180244

2 Likes

Thanks but I keep getting an error.

Your error comes from the other field, playlist, which is empty.

3 Likes

Right!

Now the tags work! Thank you!!

And I have an additional problem: playlists can be empty. how do I make ignore it and just leave the field empty?

You can use the built-in function ifempty with emptystring

e.g.:

{{ ifempty(variable; emptystring) }}

For more information, see

Links

Here are some useful links and guides you can use to learn more on how to use the Make platform, apps, and app modules. I found these useful when I was learning Make, and hope they might benefit you too —

General

Help Center Basics

Articles & Videos

2 Likes

H @samliew

Thanks for those links. I started the Academy a few days ago…

I actually came up with that same expression, but it doesn’t work for some reason… :slightly_frowning_face:

I still get the same error message:

• Missing value of required parameter ‘values’.

Instead of emptystring, try:

• ignore

• space

2 Likes

:slightly_frowning_face:

None of them work…

Screenshot 2024-02-13 at 16.47.22

Ive come across this error. Un-map (turn off mapping) that field so it is NOT updated. Now, add a New Update Wordpress Post module, this will only update 1 thing, can you guess? Now connect it to the original one but with a Filter that blocks the flow IF that variable IS Empty. HTH.

3 Likes

Nice workaround!!
Thanks a lot!!