Shotstack Stitch Data Bundle

Hey All,

I wonder if someone can point me in the right direction. I’m quite now to make.com, love it, but still getting my head around some of the detail.

I’m creating a scenario to create videos using shotstack and have successfully got it looping through creating a number of scenes using “render” which saves the videos to a Google Drive. Now I need to stitch the scenes together using shotstack “stitch” and have two questions:

1. Scenes Variable / Array
    I have a list of URL’s that are the scenes I want to “stitch” together and in the loop that creates each scene sequentially, I can write the URL for each one to an array or a JSON blob. When I exit the loop and process the next leg on the router, its not possible to map the array to the “stitch” function as the variable, array or JSON blob doesnt appear in the mapping options. Its as though the variable isnt avaiable outside of the loop.

2. Shotstack “Stitch” bundle format
    I can manually define URL’s in the stitch function and everything works fine. If I create a JSON array and try to dynamically define the URL’s of the video’s to stitch together and then mapping that to the input of the function, I get an error from the “stitch” function that states that theres no content in the array. This seems like the function is expecting a specific array structure however I cannot find it defined anywhere.

If anyone else has any experience or examples with Shotstack “stitch” your guidance and advice would be much appreciated.

Hi :wave:t5:

It is a wee difficult to imagine what exact difficulties you’ve encountered without screenshots but I will try my best.

(1) In case you want to “extract” a value from inside the aggregation (“loop”), you can use the “Set variable” + “Get Variable” combo.
Something like in the pictures below.

It is important to say that the "Get variable" module will be executed the very same number of times the "Array aggregator" module will create arrays. This means you might not be able to extract all values (it depends on the scenario flow/idea) and it might be worth exploring different setups.

(2) I would recommend using the “Array aggregator” module to aggregate the URLs to “stitch”, selecting the structure from the “Shotstack” module and then mapping the array manually as in the pictures below.

I hope it helps.

Cheerio