Status Update Emails from google sheets

Hi Everyone,

I am building a hiring request centre in sheets. I have set up a scenario where the typeform answers for hiring request are mapped into sheets. They populate the request centre. This is how the sheet looks like:

This is the worfklow set up - request submitted through typeform, email for approval sent to the ceo, and sheet is populated:

Once the CEO replies in the email thread with approved, we update the status column in the sheet to approved. Now when this happens I want an email to be sent to the requestor email that is in column B and add a timestamp of status update (when it is approved - can also be the timestamp of when email is sent) in column O.
Simultaneously I want that row to move from the request centre sheet to approved sheet in the same spreadsheet. What will the workflow for this look like. Need help

Hi @maryam.athar,

Welcome to the Make community!

It seems like the first scenario (in your screenshot) is set up OK. Based on the rest of your request, additional scenario’s seem necessary. For example:

• A scenario that listens for emails that are approved, so that you can process the result in the Google Sheet.
  • A scenario that listens for status updates of the approved column in Google Sheets that sends and email to the requester.
  • A scenario that moves approved rows from the request sheet to the approved sheet whenever all previous scenario’s have run.

We can help you if you get stuck, but we expect you to do it on your own first. If you want to outsource building the scenario’s, you can head over to the Solution Exchange or contact me for a quote.

Please, follow these steps when asking a question, and you’ll be more likely to get a helpful answer:

:writing_hand: Give us a detailed explanation of what you’re trying to achieve

:footprints: Tell us about any steps you’ve tried so far

:camera_flash: Include screenshots of:

• your scenario flow and setup (functions, mappings, variables, etc.)

• module configurations and outputs

• any error messages you are getting

:card_file_box: Share the blueprint of the scenario you are asking a question about. (this does not contain any connection or personal information)

Henk
Certified Make Expert and Partner
Book a consult with me

2 Likes